• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Case Suggestions for my Pentium 3 System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Route44

My older P3 is still chugging along quite nicely with an ASUS TUSL2-C motherboard (very stable but very limited to 512 megs of RAM due to the 815E Intel chipset; hey, it was my first build and I hadn't a clue :eek: ) and a 1.2MHz Tualatin cpu.

The thing is I have always wanted to upgrade the case to something larger for the air flow because the case it is in now is cramped and it has a small fant at the bottom that I doubt really pulls in enough air.

The motherboard dimensions are 8.2" x 12" (20.8cm x 30.5cm). I was wondering if the width of this board is less than current ATX standards and would it cause issues in trying to match mobo to a suitable case.

I have been looking at this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119106

Toughts and suggestions please.

Last edited:
Your link isn't working for me. Looks like it got abbreviated.

That mobo you have is indeed a little narrower than most newer ATX boards, but it's still perfectly within the standard and has the normal mounting holes in it. Any standard ATX case will take it without a problem.

I think that case would do your old P3 well. Those old Tullies aren't giant heat producers anyways and that case looks to have decent cooling. And you shouldn't have any problems mounting the mobo in the case either as it is designed for the standard ATX bolt pattern for mounting.

Back