• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me pick a cheap 24" monitor! $300-400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngryArtichoke

Hey guys, I'm looking to get an inexpensive 24" monitor for movies, some games. It will be a secondary monitor and I need some advice.

These are the models I am currently considering:
BenQ G2400W
Westinghouse L2410NM

I am leaning toward the BenQ. digitalversus.com gives shows it testing very well for the price. Let me know if theres anything else I should consider. Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: Links
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014158
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824255001

The BenQ G2400W is great, HDMI and 1:1 Pixel Mapping. Also, switching video sources is super quick.

The BenQ G2400W is great, HDMI and 1:1 Pixel Mapping. Also, switching video sources is super quick.
On that monitor, is DVI and HDMI separate inputs? As in, can I plug my PS3 via HDMI and my computer via DVI and switch between them? If so, sold, I know what I'm buying.

Last edited:
On that monitor, is DVI and HDMI separate inputs? As in, can I plug my PS3 via HDMI and my computer via DVI and switch between them? If so, sold, I know what I'm buying.
Yes, that is why I am getting it.

Yes, that is why I am getting it.
You don't have it yet? Do you have a link to a review where they say that it does it. I believe you, but I don't want to buy it and find out there is a quirk about it (like it costs 5$ to switch, LOL) ;)

At [H]ard|Forum there is a thread with a link to a different thread at a different site showing 1:1 pixel mapping. As for the easy switching between sources, a Newegg review stated that (A Newegg review also stated 1:1).

CLICK HERE FOR THE THREAD

At [H]ard|Forum there is a thread with a link to a different thread at a different site showing 1:1 pixel mapping. As for the easy switching between sources, a Newegg review stated that (A Newegg review also stated 1:1).

CLICK HERE FOR THE THREAD
Thanks for the link! Found reading material ;) Sorry, can't read spanish.

That is nice it does 1:1 pixel mapping, I always wanted that.

Thanks for the link! Found reading material ;) Sorry, can't read spanish.

That is nice it does 1:1 pixel mapping, I always wanted that.
Wow, you would do that. Pictures are what I wanted you to look at, which you did.

Back