• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it possible?4 ghz e2140

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you more likly to get 3.2 or 3.4ghz, the E1200 wind messed with got to 3.4ghz. same cpu speed as urs just half the L2 cache. if you want 4ghz you need to go to E8xxx cpu...

All I can say is good luck. Their FSB wall will keep you from getting there, but if you want to try; more power to you. Definitely will need LN2 or DI though.

Does any one think it is possible to get 4ghz on a e2140 with a ip35-e?

Possible yes, easy or 24/7 no.

It will take the right board, a pin mod and sub zero cooling.

But doable.

By the way, the WR with a E2140 is 4365.81Mhz, in total there are 4 guys that have done over 4Ghz with one of those chips.

also try taking off your side panel of your case and setting the PC in an open window on a cold night. It helps a lot. Or since you live in CA, set the PC in front of your AC or make a duct with dryer vent hose.

I am building a custom benching station like navigs to keep stuff frosty, the town I live in is like 40f all the time so it should be frosty!

Last edited:
Go DI before LN2...

Cheap DI Pots are like ~50$ but if your just looking for some kind of record power to you...

40c isn't frosty o.o...

40c sounds toasty :)

Back