• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT3 Extreme PhysX MOD-PACK #2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhysX

Yesterday I received an email from Marti over at Ageia

Dear .........,

The UT3 Extreme PhysX Mod Pack #2 and Mod Kit are ready for download. For more information on download links, servers, reporting and such, please visit our forum:

http://www.ageia.com/forum/index.php?sid=5848a4f7868bd9eb7cb3be6f07f159f1

Check out the whole new range of game-play scenarios enabled by PhysX and let me know what you think. See you there...

Here is something else I found today on my virtual journeys haha :)

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3171
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3048

A good read, PhysX really is great in games it adds a whole new layer to the cake :D and who doesn't love cake!?

Cheers.

Last edited:
The cake is a lie. IMNSHO, PhysX cards are a waste. Both ATI and nVidia are incorporating physics processing onto their video cards, which are not only on a much faster bus, they have vastly more powerful processors than PhysX or Shell's C2D (which is already busy with the rest of your game, so no, it won't do high-end physics for you). I will only ever get a PhysX card if game companies haven't switched over to using the stuff on the graphics cards within the next few years.

EDIT: Damnit, Maverick094, you stole it!

unfortunately physx makes alot more sense for non-mp games because as dead as the ut3 servers are for me, i can imagine its even harder to find a good game of people with physx to play with

PhysX is a good concept

Marketed the wrong way

Another useless add in card is NOT what people want

Now

The MUCH better alternative is to partner up with nvidia and ati so they can incorporate it into their cards (worst case scenario, only high end cards), where people would buy the card and not worry about extra munnies and extra hassle

Kudos to those who've bought a PhysX card, but I's future looks bleak

whats the purpose of having a processor any more, seriously.
so what those maps they made did better, they probally bulit the whole map to their advantage with way more interactive objects than needed, sounds one sided to me

if you dont have a physx card then you can still play with map, but its more boring.

unfortunately physx makes alot more sense for non-mp games because as dead as the ut3 servers are for me, i can imagine its even harder to find a good game of people with physx to play with

exactly my thoughts, i couldnt beleive how dead the UT3 MP is, so sad cause in the past it was always awsome, even UT2004 had plenty to choose from!

I wonder if Ageia ever saw the demos of the crysis engine physics in action.... or if they ever played half life 2....

i havent noticed any, i was play warmonger just yester day and its all instantaneous same with ut3

Back