• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ugg, really bad 3dmark06 with 3870

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

erasmus372

8328 total.

I am last in a list of opteron users running a 3870, the top score was 9596 using an Opteron 165 that scored a tad lower in the CPU tests than my 185 did. Also lists us both as using the same motherboard. My graphics scores were wayyyy behind his, yet my card seems to be clocked faster than his and I am using newer drivers!

6.14.10.6734 vs 6.14.10.6755
391mhz core (?) vs 408mhz core (?) not sure where it gets this number.

Why is my score 1200 points lower????

sounds like he tweaked the settings in the drivers to performance vs IQ.

Yea I thought about the whole 'performance' thing within CCC afterwards, man that's a big difference for some settings I cannot even differentiate between in game. I'll try moving all those to minimum.

My fan is fine, AS5 on core and flashed to XXX bios for scaling fan speed.

yea it funny how those settings seem to make such a little difference for the FPS hit you take. i tend to leave the off since i might run aa/af and well cant tell with those on any way with the extra IQ settings.

I don't know if they've changed the way the settings alter texture processing, but there's a pretty noticeable difference in image quality between high and low on my card. I could get 10k with my X1900 if I crank everything right down, but what good is fps if everything is blurry and ugly?

3dmark is just a number socket, he wanted to know why someone score was higher. that doesnt mean what the person games at...

Generally, you turn down all the IQ to run the 3dmark06 test, so we all have the highest possible score and a general benchmark. Doesn't mean anyone actually plays with high performance textures, because they look like ****. That can change the score quite a bit though. Also vista compared to XP can be about a 500 point difference.

So all you run high performance when doing these tests?

I do, yes. Might be because I never really got into the 3DMark standings, I only use it to get a rough idea of how I compare to other cards at the settings I play at. Aside from a 3D score I guess, a result at settings I would never use seems irrelevant to me.

I'm honestly surprised to learn this, but I get why.

Back