• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron e1200 Dual Core / OC Result

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNEWB

1.6Ghz Celeron Dual Core e1200 w/ 512K cache

@

375x8 for 3.00Ghz @ 1.4Vcore

This is with WaterCooling on an Innovatek Rev3 Block, 2x120 Rad and 1x120Rad.

Am I hitting the max for this little guy? Anything above the three gig mark and the computer shuts down and reboots when Priming with two instances of Prime95.

Thanks in Advance,
Kamski

EDIT: ASUS Maximu Formula, 1:1 RAM, OCZ 1066 Ram.

Last edited:
What kind of MoBo do you have? Have you tried increasing NB or FSB voltages?

I'd recommend reducing your multi, and see how high you can get the FSB using NB and FSB voltages, and then going back and putting the multi back to 8, and then see how high you can get the CPU using vcore. Since you are under H2O you can probably increase vcore up to 1.6v assuming your temps stay in line.

WIND got 3.4ghz with the cpu on air..im thinking about getting one ordered on friday..

Despite the high clock speed, it's performance is even worse than the E2140 due to the cache.

Nicely put :D

damn ill agree with you there... nice job evilizer...

On a side note i just have now (after i bought it a yr ago) began clocking the e4300 in my htpc... i must say... i am AMAZED... chillin at 3.0ghz stock volts. temps are a lil higher than id like but thats the stock cooler being used in combination with 3rd (yes 3rd) use application of as5 haha. I wish my E6600 would do a 50% oc (3.6ghz) at stock volts. haha

TY guys, had to correct a sentence in there... if you cant tell i hate having to edit posts, i even triple read them now. only to find later i still fubard a part of it up, just say i cant get my brain to concentrate on a single train of thought. it comes like a light switch ON then OFF, LOL.

*grr*
had to edit it agian, didnt like some parts of it...:bang head

Last edited:
1.6Ghz Celeron Dual Core e1200 w/ 512K cache

@

375x8 for 3.00Ghz @ 1.4Vcore

This is with WaterCooling on an Innovatek Rev3 Block, 2x120 Rad and 1x120Rad.

Am I hitting the max for this little guy? Anything above the three gig mark and the computer shuts down and reboots when Priming with two instances of Prime95.

Thanks in Advance,
Kamski

EDIT: ASUS Maximu Formula, 1:1 RAM, OCZ 1066 Ram.

Sounds like the core requires more Vcore. A BSOD and reboot, especially STOP: 0x0000009C or STOP: 0x0000000A is the Vcore.

Sounds like the core requires more Vcore. A BSOD and reboot, especially STOP: 0x0000009C or STOP: 0x0000000A is the Vcore.

Will give it a shot, though it seems i was priming with ASUS PROBEII running, I primed without probe running and it ran fine, so maybe i have found half the culprit.

Thanks for the input.

Whats the max voltage one of thease celerys can take on water?

Kamski

Will give it a shot, though it seems i was priming with ASUS PROBEII running, I primed without probe running and it ran fine, so maybe i have found half the culprit.

Thanks for the input.

Whats the max voltage one of thease celerys can take on water?

Kamski

As long as your temps are fine 1.6v on water, some have gone as high as 1.65v.
given the E1200 is a M0 stepping the max voltage, to max it out is prolly gonna be around 1.55volt.

As long as your temps are fine 1.6v on water, some have gone as high as 1.65v.
given the E1200 is a M0 stepping the max voltage, to max it out is prolly gonna be around 1.55volt.

Highest temp I'v had was 51C on Core 1..... errr is that high?

Kamski

doesnt sound like it to me... my celeron-L @3.2ghz 1.34v hit 60c. thats with the fans on silent mode on the ninja hs... whats the TJ in coretemp? keep a 20c buffer to TJ.....

aoch, if would please post that in the other thread... dont want the OP's thread being hijacked any more.

KK,
the max cpu speed your bound to see with water. is 3.4ghz, only way to get more would be to use LN2/phase setup. For free you cant beat it, im gonna buy one to play with. the celeron-l is fun! the one thing you dont have to worry about is that cpu being a problem for that video card.

aoch, if would please post that in the other thread... dont want the OP's thread being hijacked any more.

KK,
the max cpu speed your bound to see with water. is 3.4ghz, only way to get more would be to use LN2/phase setup. For free you cant beat it, im gonna buy one to play with. the celeron-l is fun! the one thing you dont have to worry about is that cpu being a problem for that video card.

Yes sir, cant beat free. Even though its a Caleron my COD4 at the exact same settings is running much smoother on this celeron at 3.0ghz then it ever did on my 4400X2 @ 2.5Ghz.

Between 3.0Ghz and 3.4Ghz will there be a hugge difference in speed. I mean its 400Mhz...... I just cant seem to get anything stable at 3.1 or higher.

Any one have hosting so I can throw them some pics?

Kamski

www.photobucket.com is your place for free pic hosting..

umm what are you settings in bios right now? voltages and what not?

TEST.jpg

DAAAAR, i think thats it.

So I would leave it priming at 3120 but come back in the morning to see the computer had restarted and that it was back in winders all on its own.

Kamski

last part of the puzzle, can you run a cpuz agian for 2 of them and have the memory tab open as well.. as some of the problems your haveing might be ocing the ram with not enough voltage.

In fact I tried to correct it, Evilsizer was faking. ;)
I would feel sorry for people who read the thread and might gone for the celeron and take a performance hit for for a few USD because someone linked few benches about how processors scale with 4 and 8 times the cache of this one.

No worries, we still remember what happened at Perl Harbour. :eek:I KID I KID...:D Now go to bed Kuroimaho San.

TEST1.jpg

Kamski

yes just as i thought.. if you still increasing your fsb with that ram ratio thats why your having problems now.. do this while testing for the cpu's max oc, lower the ratio to 1:1, so that your ram speed = fsb speed. this way your good to 533mhz fsb, if you dont make it that high. then find the sweet speed where you can use the ram at that speed or close to it or over if you know it can...

Did you run memtest86 on the ram for that speed its running? Do you already know what it is able to be oced too?

also would you please if possible put the cpu to the same speed as your other cpu. game in COD4 to see if its still smooth or just like before per your same settings on the x2. just wondering here...

yes just as i thought.. if you still increasing your fsb with that ram ratio thats why your having problems now.. do this while testing for the cpu's max oc, lower the ratio to 1:1, so that your ram speed = fsb speed. this way your good to 533mhz fsb, if you dont make it that high. then find the sweet speed where you can use the ram at that speed or close to it or over if you know it can...

Did you run memtest86 on the ram for that speed its running? Do you already know what it is able to be oced too?

also would you please if possible put the cpu to the same speed as your other cpu. game in COD4 to see if its still smooth or just like before per your same settings on the x2. just wondering here...

Initially when I was testing it it was at 1:1 i just upped the mem frequency yesterday when I dropped the Core to 3Ghz...... When at 1:1 the PC wont even post at anything past 395 and wont pass prime at anything over 391. Which was still giving me tons of play space with ram.....

Next thing:

With my old Dual Core 4400 X2 @ 2.5Ghz w/ DDR500 ram at 250mhz in 1:1 and 8800GTS i was averaging 29~38 fps in COD4, it would drop as low as 9~13 fps when there were smoke effects.

Thus far with the Celeron Dual Core im averaging 51~57 fps and lowest I'v seen it go was 22 fps.

This is 1600x1200 with 2AA, 8AF, ALL in game details maxed out.

So you want me to clock down the Celeron to 2.5Ghz and give you a read out?

Kamski

Back