• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

random restarts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tithulta

was playing WoW and my system just rebooted ....is this a PSU issue or a motherboard issue? ideas? best way to determine which?

had this happening awhile back and it went away after a d/cing cd drives...played awhile no hiccups and the next day i thought i'd see if it'd do that again with the cd drives powered up... until tonightit hadn't rebooted again. No other issues that i know of..

aspire x-qpack case with the original 420w psu model as420w<===likely culprit i know

i ordered a ati 3650 gpu due to arrive tomorrow....now im wondering if it will be the total death of my system....
3000+ cpu think its venice core
biostar tforce 6100 mb
1gb ddr

nothing overclocked

Last edited:
original 420w psu model as420w

Absolute junk - they just don't come much worse. While it's a bit tricky to replace it with a standard size PSU (Corsair 450VX would be my suggestion), it's possible with the help of shorter optical drives.

caboose please don't give people false advice...

The PSU's are junk and are likely to blow up any second... Just because it's working fine now doesn't mean it won't pop anytime.

Cheaply Built and badly rated PSU's = Bad.

Back