• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Galaxy 8800GT $201.31 @NCIXUS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
apparently fan control on this non standard pcb is horrible or so I have heard. Otherwise its a great card. If you are going to replace the heatsink anyways there is no reason not to buy this card unless you dont want to support the oppressive canadian economy :)

I bought this card and got the Dual-Slot cooler (which is the one with problems). A simple 7v mod to the fan fixed it to make it silent.

if you buy one now you will get a version with a heat pipe cooler that is silent.

I bought this card and got the Dual-Slot cooler (which is the one with problems). A simple 7v mod to the fan fixed it to make it silent.

if you buy one now you will get a version with a heat pipe cooler that is silent.

But make sure that whatever company your buying from can clarify which stock they have. If they have older stock that hasn't been sold yet then they might not have the model with the revised fan that darkcow is referring to.

Talk about power hungry. Anybody know why this thing eats up dual PCIE connectors?

Nice looking VGA cooler though. Similar to the ZEROtherm coolers,

http://www.svc.com/gx815.html

never hear of galaxy, anyone ever had a card from them? how's the quality?

But make sure that whatever company your buying from can clarify which stock they have. If they have older stock that hasn't been sold yet then they might not have the model with the revised fan that darkcow is referring to.

Talk about power hungry. Anybody know why this thing eats up dual PCIE connectors?

Nice looking VGA cooler though. Similar to the ZEROtherm coolers,

http://www.svc.com/gx815.html

I was wondering the same thing. That looks like 2 4-pin connectors instead of one 6-pin connector (reference design).

Back