Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

flashing dead bios with different mobo bios chip

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 02-05-08, 07:58 AM Thread Starter   #1
Bubba

10 Year Badge

flashing dead bios with different mobo bios chip

I am trying to find out if it would be possible to hot flash my bios on my Abit AN7 with a bios chip from my Asus A7N8X, they are the same size and type chips but obviously one is for my Abit and the other for my Asus. I was wanting to know if it would be possible in any way to either use the Asus bios to boot my Abit board and then replace the chip while it was running with the dead one and flash it or boot the Asus and put the dead Abit bios in it while it was running and flash it with the coirrect bios and then put back the correct bios in it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Bubba is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-05-08, 12:07 PM   #2
BossBorot

I personally dont know however someone in the services section of the classies makes bios chips you might want to check it out

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.