• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Vista Updates to Avoid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
I'm running Vista 32 Premium and just wondering if there were any updates I needed to avoid?

I run Rivatuner and Coretemp and don't want anything to mess with that.

Thanks. :beer:

32 bit doesn't enforce driver signing. None of the updates turn it on. It is only the 64 bit versions that have enforced driver signing.

i ran every update they gave never had a problem with coretemp and rivatuner etc :) so you should be fine to install all updates

I run Vista64 and have installed every update too. CoreTemp still works, but any other freeware hardware monitoring component I've tried pretty much fails.

So, when I do reboot, I use the F8 key. And if I'm going to bed and don't want to leave the computer on -- hibernate! :beer: Problem (sorta) solved ;)

I run Vista64 and have installed every update too. CoreTemp still works, but any other freeware hardware monitoring component I've tried pretty much fails.

So, when I do reboot, I use the F8 key. And if I'm going to bed and don't want to leave the computer on -- hibernate! :beer: Problem (sorta) solved ;)

There are some ways around this. ATI tool has some basic functionality on 3870's at least now(check the beta thread on TechPowerup.com for the latest version), and Riva tuner has a seperate set of x64 signed drivers on Techpowerup too. The latest versionof Riva however that Ive seen is 2.06 I believe on Guru3d, I think Tech's was 2.03

I dont know anything about core temp yet. I really liked SysTool previously, I wonder if its signed yet, Ill have to go check :burn:

coretemp and riva tuner both work in 64bit. Coretemp has a workaround and Rivatuner paid to be digitally signed. Since you're in 32bit it doesn't matter, feel free to download them all.

the only work around for Core Temp is to press f8 on EVERY boot and disable driver signing, only one i know of so far.

yeah batch file works perfect for coretemp. funny thing is that this has been my biggest issue so far with ultimate x64 lol

the language packs are a must btw!!! ffs its annoying having 50 different useless things qued :(

Back