• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI 790FX USB keyboard problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icesaber

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. my keyboard is a USB-based razer tarantula, but all of a sudden I can't reach the bios setup without a ps2 keyboard. I had this problem with the original shipping bios too, but it seemed to go away with the first update. the most recent update has the problem again... it would seem that the current bios code doesn't recognize my keyboard. the lights flash (numlock etc), but it just won't respond to anything. I've tried clean reflashing my bios a few times and that doesn't seem to help. I've also tried tinkering in the bios, stuff like disabling the usb kb controller, saving, re-enabling it, and so forth. it doesn't seem to help. maybe a buggy bios?

this is frustrating for me. I already contacted DFI support about this once before the first bios patch, but now I want to know if I'm the only one.

thanks in advance guys.

EDIT: the keyboard works great once I'm in an OS.

looks like it's also hanging again like it was with the original bios... when I'd try to enter the bios, it would hang almost every time displaying "75" on the little lcd, indicating waiting for the keyboard controller. if anyone else is having this problem, really, let me know. I might just go back to the older bios until dfi fixes this.

Back