• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How come my **** doesnt look like yours?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattstakilla

Registered
Testing prime 95 doesnt look like the one in the tutorial

How do the settings i have look? i just started the testing but my core's dont seem to be maxing out. is this normal?

how do my settings look? could i turn some up, should i turn some down,

or should i just be patient and wait untill prime 95 finishes?

Attachments

• screen programs.JPG
    screen programs.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 210
P95 doesn't "finish". It runs indefinitely. However that doesn't mean you want it to run forever, you just want it to run for a given time period for testing, then you kill it manually.

Go grab multithreaded prime95. Google it. That's what you want for a dual core CPU. The reason you see 50% is because it's only using one core.

aight, go the new one. and error after about 5 mins.

i believe that what the error looks like that im looking for.

but how am i supposed to know what setting to move, should i up the vcore?
should i lower fsb?

this is where im not sure where to go

Attachments

• screen programs2.JPG
    screen programs2.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 208
Download the ziped oneextract it into two different folders. go into advance and set 1 folder to affinity 0 then other folder to affinity 1. then run the torture test. multi threaded prime95 is also another option

havnt messed with the ram timings yet. from the tutorial i see i should get a successfull oc before that

upped the vcore, in my bios i set it to 1.3 but in cpu-z it only shows it at 1.24, why is that?

Vdroop is why it is less that what you set .

Google Orthos and download that it is like 2 primes with out the work .
What Mb do you have

Vdroop is why it is less that what you set .

Google Orthos and download that it is like 2 primes with out the work .
What Mb do you have

I have the p5k se asus motherboard

from what i read i guess i can raise my fsb to 400 since i have ddr2 800 ram. right now im oc'ed to 2.24 with 320 fsb. tonight im gonna try going up to 400 and let my tests go over night and see what happens

from what i read i guess i can raise my fsb to 400 since i have ddr2 800 ram. right now im oc'ed to 2.24 with 320 fsb. tonight im gonna try going up to 400 and let my tests go over night and see what happens
Yes, while the board and the RAM are capable of hitting that, your processor is not. It fails Prime95 at 2.2, that is no way that it will run at 400mhz fsb. I predict that the computer won't even post.

You can't jump like this, especially when the processor is proven not to be stable.

Yes, while the board and the RAM are capable of hitting that, your processor is not. It fails Prime95 at 2.2, that is no way that it will run at 400mhz fsb. I predict that the computer won't even post.

You can't jump like this, especially when the processor is proven not to be stable.

I think it failed because he didnt set the affinity on the cores so it both primes were running on the same core .

just started the testing, is it okay for me to be on the comp while the testing is going on, or should i just let it sit?

Attachments

• screen programs3.JPG
    screen programs3.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 124
Well, that has only been running for 4 minutes, that is not even close to a stability test ;)

It is much better results though!! :D

I would let it run for a couple hours (or overnight) and see if it is still running in the morning.

Well, that has only been running for 4 minutes, that is not even close to a stability test ;)

It is much better results though!! :D

I would let it run for a couple hours (or overnight) and see if it is still running in the morning.

that's what i was planning, is it okay for me to be on the comp doing basic stuff while it is testing?

that's what i was planning, is it okay for me to be on the comp doing basic stuff while it is testing?
Optimally, no. If it is non-processor intensive programs, I'd say you are ok.

If you can, just use another computer if you can, you want to make sure it is 100% stable, not 97% stable ;)

Optimally, no. If it is non-processor intensive programs, I'd say you are ok.

If you can, just use another computer if you can, you want to make sure it is 100% stable, not 97% stable ;)

aim and firefox, my buddy is borrowing my laptop at the moment

aim and firefox, my buddy is borrowing my laptop at the moment
Those aren't too bad unless you are doing things with flash etc...

I'd run it overnight (when you are not using it) or when you are at work/school just to make sure. There is no such thing as too stable ;)

Those aren't too bad unless you are doing things with flash etc...

I'd run it overnight (when you are not using it) or when you are at work/school just to make sure. There is no such thing as too stable ;)

aight, im gonna let it go overnight tonight, thanks for everyone's help who has helped me through this whole process. lets see how it turns out

Back