• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar 965PT & E1200 Throttle Problem. Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

avafreak182

Registered
Well, what can I say, I was on a budget. I currently have my E1200 on my Biostar 965PT. In the BIOS there is only ONE thing to turn off anything like that, and it's called CPU throttling. I have it disabled. To my knowledge, there is no C1E or EIST. Can anyone help me? When I open CPU-Z it says 1200MHz, 6X multiplier. When I start Orthos, it says 1600MHz with an 8X multiplier, which is correct. Anyone got an idea on how to fix this? Is it a dumb Vista power saving feature?

screen1.jpg

screem2.jpg

Leave throttling enabled. It's a safety measure.

Your not experiencing throttling, your experiencing speedstep.

What are the options under 'CPU Feature'?

Do you have the latest BIOS update?

If you can't figure it out, honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. The CPU will go back to full speed when you need it.

i think the speedstep option is under "power saving" but i can't remember off-hand.

It's an intel power saving feature.

Why would you want to disable it anyways?

if you aren't overclocked, it's not going to hurt your system, it's just going to save power as it will ramp-up the performance to max when you need it. If you are overclocked, it might have teh posibility of causing problems.

I am running a rebels haven modded bios on my biostar 965pt and I have my speedstep off, but I'm not near the computer so I can't find the actual bios option for you.

Back