• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

70% Gain with my crossfire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nexidus

So I posted for help with my wife's x1600xt crossfire setup and I thought I was missing a cable or something. After a little more research I saw that it was taken care of on the PCIe bus system with no cables or connectors.

Specs:
C2D E6400 2.13GHz no O/C
Asus P5W DH 975x mobo
2GB DDR2-677 Patriot 4-4-4-12
VisionTek x1600xt 512MB fanless X 2

3D Mark 05 score 1 card: 5701
3D Mark 05 score 2 card: 9765

71% increase!!

I just thought I would share. This is my first experience with dual card setups and I know not all perform this well. In fact I was reading that this might be one of the most exceptional gains I could ever hope to see.

Would you be surprised if I told you %70 is a bit low. :p

What is the fps increase in the benches? Make that into a %% and you'll see how much more GPU power you really have.

May I also recommend that you use 3DMARK 2006, it's SM2 and SM3 benchmarks show hoe well you'll perform under either environment.

Last edited:
Hmm..I don't know. I'll have to check when I get home from work. I am actually glad to hear that it is a bit low. That means maybe I could squeeze some more out of them :)

Even under full load the heatsinks were barely warm to the touch so I think I could stand to overclock them also. Thing is, at the end of the day this computer only sees games played on it once or twice a year. I guess I am just preplanning for this to be our daughter's computer in the next five years and she is really big into her first person shooters and RTS games.

70% is right in the ball park from my experience with X1950XTX, and HD 3870's.

Welcome to the forums Nexidus.

Back