• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore issue???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RainMaQer

3D God
Ok I was just fiddlin with my fsb and pushed it upto 150... then during post it said that the mobo monitor had an error... I went in the bios and it said vcore was 1.87 in red when I set it to 1.95... anyone know why it did that... I lowered the vcore to 1.90 and lowered the fsb to 140 and it still did it... it said to press another key to ignore and continue so I did to ask about it:rolleyes:

Don't know man, but when any of my rigs do something I don't understand the FIRST thing I do is go back to default settings, and then try to figure it out!

Do you have a spare pc, just in case?

Hope its just a bios glitch or something, but if I were you, shut down go to defaults!!!!!

Uh-Oh.... I think I broke it:p ... It's doin it at default too... now it says the vcore is 1.9... even though I set it to the default 1.70... ummm help.... please:D

Ok now wait a minute... the asus probe in windows says its 1.72??? What did I do:confused:

Sounds like the mobo is screwing up! Hopefully its just the voltage sensor, not whatever junk actually adjusts the voltage!

You have a spare pc, right?

I'm goig to look around see if I can find anything out: as much as we've been posting, this thread should get a few looks.....

Vcore is steady at 1.72 according to asus probe... all other voltages seem normal... temps are a little high... but that's normal... I'm still working out the bugs in my watercooling:D

You running pumps off of a separate psu?

I don't know much about h2o cooling, but I've read a bit and it sounds like some of that stuff draws some serious power.....

Nothing leaking, right?

Ok... some people would be relieved... but I'm a little more concerned now.... it stopped doing that... bios says the vcore is normal... so I resumed my oc... still nothing... ummm... why?:eh?:

I've seen some weird stuff: I have a TBird 1000 that ran @1400 for a LONG time, and then the temps just started to climb, and climb, and climb! After about two months of reseating and relapping the cpu and heatsink- and adding fans etc., it stabilized at 1300 and 40c load. Hasn't changed in almost two months now.

Don't understand that either!

Sometimes it just gets back to the old line about how cpus work: They're filled with Magic Smoke. Thats why they stop working when you let the smoke out!

I'd just keep a close eye on it a while, and cross your fingers!

Ok this problem is coming up again... If I set the vcore to anything over 1.85... eg. 1.90... during post it stops and says that motherboard monitor detected a problem and to go into power setup... press F1 to continue or Del for setup.... If I go into the bios the vcore is usually under 1.90 like around 1.87... then when I get into windows and use the asus probe it says the vcore is more or less what it should be... for instance right now I'm running 66mhz fsb and 1.95 vcore... got the error during post... pressed F1 and started up asus probe... it says vcore is 1.968.... any ideas?

*edit* Could this be related to my psu?

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my P3V4X. Not too sure what caused it, because it stopped about 4 months ago. Then I got a new Mb, and haven't played with the thing since. Too tired to do and research right now. I'll look around when it gets dead at work tomorrow. Might be a BIOS glitch. We had a couple of P4B's that were giving weird hardware readings at work, until we flashed the BIOS. Check the ASUS forums and see if anyone else is complaining of the same symptoms.

Back