• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

highest overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
what is the highest speed anyone has gotten their tbird, xp or whatever chip to be stable at? list speed, fsb, multipler, and temps if you will....im quite curious what these new chips can do

Tbird 1.2 @ 1.5 1.95v hot hot hot but stable w/ sk6 (118w)
Duron 800 @ 1096 2.1v hot hot hot but stable w/sk6 (100w)

I only have one sk6 so the duron is where it is for now ;) .

well i got a cheezy duron 650 at 166 fsb before and it was stable, but at 167 wouldnt even post. but i run it at 161 because i want to be on the safe side of things.

peppy said:
well i got a cheezy duron 650 at 166 fsb before and it was stable, but at 167 wouldnt even post. but i run it at 161 because i want to be on the safe side of things.

do us a favor, and make your sig smaller, We Dont need you to list every single size fan u have..
thanks

dam peppy u would have saved WAY more buying a watercooling kit or doing it urself..

RangerJoe said:
hey peppy, why dont you get a non-crap cpu, and then spend alot of money on cooling it

dont crap post man.. thats not cool...
any AMD Processoris not crap (well the k62-3's maybe)
Be Nice

am i not allowed to post my opinion or something? i think the idea of buying a slow processor, and spending all this money on it to put 200 mhz into it is pointless, i can get my chip to 1.53 ghz with a $35 heatsink, and 3 fans, and 2 of them came with the case, and the other one is from an old computer. i guarantee the jump from 1.33 ghz to 1.53 ghz is alot more useful than 600-866 or whatever it was

RangerJoe said:
am i not allowed to post my opinion or something? i think the idea of buying a slow processor, and spending all this money on it to put 200 mhz into it is pointless, i can get my chip to 1.53 ghz with a $35 heatsink, and 3 fans, and 2 of them came with the case, and the other one is from an old computer. i guarantee the jump from 1.33 ghz to 1.53 ghz is alot more useful than 600-866 or whatever it was

Not everyone has the money to buy Athlons. Fans are cheap. I do agree that is too many fans for his system, but to flame somebodies CPU is pretty weak. It takes alot more skill to sqeeze more mhz out of a Duron than an Athlon. Some people just like a challange. We praise everybody here for there O/C'n deeds. Your opions are always welcome, we just ask that you think of a more constructive way of expressing them.

RangerJoe said:
hey peppy, why dont you get a non-crap cpu, and then spend alot of money on cooling it

i had to say is But Dissolved is right, personal attacks is not needed here, i know you didnt attack him but saying that his parts are crappy is the same thing. NOT EVERYONE has to have the biggest and fastest cpu to feel good.

just my opinion.

RangerJoe said:

u wanna talk about diss'n, well man ur the one with the p2 350 asking how u could get 7K+ in 3dmark with a ti200? right???
dude, its not to to bag on ppls stuff.. alot of ppl cant afford the XP's... i only got one cuz i sold some stuff.. but it still aint cool.. you need to wise up rather more if you wanna keep on useing the message board IMO

Back