• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis 1.2 Patch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=17815&sid=cbe1abeeb4bf30b54d52a6759b97457e

Still haven't fixed the problem with weapons getting stuck in walls and rattling... Still aren't looking into stability and speed improvements...

Seems like I was right: It was never really that Crysis was "So Advanced!" that it was "built for the future!" it's that these guys only have the vaguest idea what the hell they're doing.

"Yes folks... We now actually have a menu to help you launch those mods you created... using our mod editor." GLORY AND PRAISE!

And there should've immediately been a tiny patch for the A.I. crash that version 1.1 caused. I mean look at how often Team Fortress 2 (a game that was actually created by competent developers) gets patched.

Well at the pace they've set it'll be a while before this patch comes out... and even longer before you see a 1.3

i have 1.1, i thought they fixed the machine gun glitch >? you know when the sound loops. i had that already, probably only once, but annoying as hell.

i have 1.1, i thought they fixed the machine gun glitch >? you know when the sound loops. i had that already, probably only once, but annoying as hell.

Nope. I'm running 1.1 now. Just had it happen to me yesterday. So it's definitely not fixed.

The fact that everybody has had it happen to them AT LEAST once (and I've barely played the game. I think I'm on like the third level) is very telling. I mean that's just outright sloppy programming. Can you imagine a bug like that in any other prime-time game? Bioshock? COD4?

No way in hell...

Um, let's not get started about bugs in Bioshock... :D

Well... besides all that crazy securom nonsense... I didn't notice any. And I played through it twice.

Mind you... I could've missed something...

didn't have any Bioshock bugs either, was a GG looking back, except the securom thing

Nope. I'm running 1.1 now. Just had it happen to me yesterday. So it's definitely not fixed.

The fact that everybody has had it happen to them AT LEAST once (and I've barely played the game. I think I'm on like the third level) is very telling. I mean that's just outright sloppy programming. Can you imagine a bug like that in any other prime-time game? Bioshock? COD4?

No way in hell...

Actually in COD4 MP, there are a a couple of cars that bug out when they explode. The car door gets stuck underneath the car, and it makes a crazy rattling sound that is very distracting. Actually it's really helpful to have set nades that blow these cars up to cause a diversion/distraction for the defending team (talking Search and Destroy here).

They really REALLY need to get rid of that stupid server registration altogether.

Yep, have refused to get it because of their own stupidity and no one will tell me how many times I can install my game on my own computer either...

Yeah I only ran into the gun rattling thing once or twice in game, it took me a second to figure out wtf was going on.

It ran fine for me on med and high at 16x10 without installing any patches (haven't yet) as any game I spend money on better work out of the box. I never ran into any stability problems.

Yeah I only ran into the gun rattling thing once or twice in game, it took me a second to figure out wtf was going on.

It ran fine for me on med and high at 16x10 without installing any patches (haven't yet) as any game I spend money on better work out of the box. I never ran into any stability problems.

Well I have... but that's just because I patched first.

Their patch actually makes the game WORSE from what I've heard.

Amatures...

Well I have... but that's just because I patched first.

Their patch actually makes the game WORSE from what I've heard.

Amatures...

It's likely that when you get near the end of the game you will experience the lovely save and load bug the 1.1 patch introduced too.
e.g. you reach a checkpoint and it takes a few mins to save and then when you need to load it takes a few minutes too (yes with quicksave etc) :bday:

Have read some people complaining about waiting for 10 mins+ :beer:

It's likely that when you get near the end of the game you will experience the lovely save and load bug the 1.1 patch introduced too.
e.g. you reach a checkpoint and it takes a few mins to save and then when you need to load it takes a few minutes too (yes with quicksave etc) :bday:

Makes me want to dig up my three-way review of Crysis, COD4, and Bioshock and find all the people who said the producers of Crysis were the end all and be all...

I mean the engine is all pretty and I think will be pretty BA for a while, I put the settings on high for dx9 and played through half of it like that and it looked amazing, plus the characters were pretty well done.

I think with some tweaking and a good 3rd party using it, it could create some pretty good games.

Not patch related, but I finished CoD4 and then played Crysis, but coming from CoD where the maps are pretty linear, Crysis was hella confusing because I didn't create the midset that I have a huge island to explore and can go pretty much where I want to solve the problem. Needless to say I had skewed expectations of what the hell I was supposed to do.

I mean the engine is all pretty and I think will be pretty BA for a while, I put the settings on high for dx9 and played through half of it like that and it looked amazing, plus the characters were pretty well done.

I think with some tweaking and a good 3rd party using it, it could create some pretty good games.

Not patch related, but I finished CoD4 and then played Crysis, but coming from CoD where the maps are pretty linear, Crysis was hella confusing because I didn't create the midset that I have a huge island to explore and can go pretty much where I want to solve the problem. Needless to say I had skewed expectations of what the hell I was supposed to do.

Actually you CAN'T go anywhere you want to go. I know that's a much drum-beaten feature, but there was this one part of the game where my objective was on the other side of this mountain, and I managed to get to the top of the mountain (it was really difficult, I don't think they thought anyone could do it) only when I got to the top it said I had left the play zone and had to return within ten seconds or I would die! :eek:

This is now screwing me up. I'm at the Ascension level and freezing up at the checkpoints. The problem with me is it just hangs and even after 10 minutes "frozen" doesn't allow me to progress. I wish I would've played through the campaign before installing the 1.1 patch, it's now become unplayable and I haven't even finished the game yet. I have had so much fun with this game up till this point too, such a shame. I hope the 1.2 patch fixes this, otherwise I might have to reinstall without the 1.1 patch just so I can go fully through the campaign. That is unless anyone around here can help me out with a workaround for this problem?:bang head Anyway to disable the automatic save checkpoints possibly?

This is now screwing me up. I'm at the Ascension level and freezing up at the checkpoints. The problem with me is it just hangs and even after 10 minutes "frozen" doesn't allow me to progress. I wish I would've played through the campaign before installing the 1.1 patch, it's now become unplayable and I haven't even finished the game yet. I have had so much fun with this game up till this point too, such a shame. I hope the 1.2 patch fixes this, otherwise I might have to reinstall without the 1.1 patch just so I can go fully through the campaign. That is unless anyone around here can help me out with a workaround for this problem?:bang head Anyway to disable the automatic save checkpoints possibly?

Just uninstall and reinstall it. It will only take you twenty minutes or so. Speaking of which, I might as well go ahead and do just that right now.

I just finished with the 1.1 patch and had no probs. Maybe one or two lockups but never 10 min load times or the like. I played through with sig rig @ 1920x1080, max settings and never had video issues.
OK game but just wasn't FarCry. I still haven't decided whether to play through again or unistall and send on the nephew. Doubt I'll patch to the new one.

I had No problems what so ever with Crysis. I personally thought the Single player was great, and I stil llike ot loa dup a save here and there. Multiplayer is a little weak though. I'll stick with CoD4 for MP.

Back