• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8.1 drivers cause white square on screen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTFouts

Ever since I installed the 8.1 drivers I have had a 2x2 or 3x3 pixel (not sure which with this big a$$ monitor, might even be 4x4) white square in the top left corner of my screen. Only on the windows desktop, not in games or apps. It was there on my Viewsonic 20.1" and this new HP 30", so it can't be the monitor. It was there with my X1950XTX's and these new 3870's, so it can't be the video cards. Does anyone else have this square? It doesn't hurt anything, just makes me wonder why the hell it's there and if it really is the drivers that did it. I don't want to revert back to older ones because I finally got all this to work right with this 30" and I don't want to go thru all that again, geesh, what a task that was. Just curious if I am the only one.

I had the same issue, just disable the ATI systray icon and the white dot will dissapear. I never use the systray icon anyway.

Ha, I thought it was just my desktop but I have noticed the same , not an issue just an annoyance for the perfectionists out there :)

Back