• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help upgrading...again

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

winterone

Registered
Looking to make the jump from a single core, now I'm thinking a complete over haul. Mobo, RAM and CPU. Definitely going Intel. You can see my current system below. I need some advice on what I should be shooting for?

So you already have that GTX and 2GB RAM in your Sig?

I'd suggest go Penryn right now. If you can, grab another GTX off the classifieds section as they are going pretty cheap and you got a pretty damn fast rig.

Budget ...oh yeah...sorry, like 6-700. This is strictly a gaming comp. been playing Unreal 3 and I can't run it on the highest setting, just under. Thought I would be able to with the GTX. Kinda ticks me off, so I was thinking I might need a new CPU. Not shur that another GTX wouldn't Help much.

The sweet spot (today, anyway) will be an E8400 with any decent Asus/Gigabyte mobo and a 2x2GB DDR2 kit. You should be able to get all that for under $500 easily..

Back