• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5N32-E SLI Northbridge Temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JHG120

Hey Again All,

I bought an external temp probe, just to poke around and get some temps of components in my case, and have a question with the Northbridge temp. I calibrated the probe correctly, as it found correct ambient temp which matches my room temp gauge, and am alittle scared of the NB temps I found.

With probe in between NB copper fins: 75C
Right on top of NB copper fins: 73C

It's very hot to the touch, as in I can't keep my finger on there for long.

System specs in sig. I was thinking of buying a NB cooler.

Are these temps ok, or am I in the "red zone?"

Ambient temp: 68F
CPU Idle: 36/38
Load: 50/51

Thanks!!!!

Unfortunately, for the price, that is a terrible board. First one I had, the NB got so hot I could literally fry a egg on the NB.

Second board, the NB blew when I upgraded to 4 gigs of ram. If your still within your week policy for wherever you bought it, send it back and get something with a P35 chipset.

Trust me on this one. For the price, its a TERRIBLE board. QC is terrible. And it can't handle quads very well AT ALL if your looking to upgrade in the future.

Doh. Yeah, I've actually been reading it's not the best, and have seen it in reality since I can't get my e6400 over 2.9ghz, but, I bought it 2 months ago, so no returning it now.

And I see what you mean with the NB being hot. Oh well, I'll use it until it dies, then get a better one. It's a shame too, since it cost ~$200.

Well. ASUS does know about the problem, so when, and trust me, their will be a when, it dies, ASUS will replace it if you say the NB overheated and died.

Honestly, when I had mine, before it died and I had to RMA, I OC'd the **** out of it. Voltages I used were off the charts. Something crazy like 1.49-1.51 on the NB, 1.39 on the SB, and like 1.53 on the core. CPU stayed cool, but I'm pretty sure the P5N32-E SLi was crying uncle for months before it finally died...

Back