• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G Router $49.99 AMIR $10 @Newegg.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VinnyTAMU

Newegg has the Linksys WRT54GL router for $49.99 shipped after $10 MIR.

LINK

I can't say enough about this router, all I can say is:

Linksys WRT54GL + DD-WRT = AWSOME!

this is the bomb router...

i have a buffalo WHR-G125 with DD-WRT... only thing that i don't like about my rtr is that the antennae is not great and can't be changed.

this is the bomb router...

i have a buffalo WHR-G125 with DD-WRT... only thing that i don't like about my rtr is that the antennae is not great and can't be changed.

Yeah I got those kickass antennae that were on sale at Radioshack for like 9.95 a while back. I'm going to install a fan on my WRT54G soon and I'll be STRAIGHT.

WRT54GL + Tomato = awesome
what's the diff between tomato and dd-wrt?? what are advantage of each? =/
Yeah I got those kickass antennae that were on sale at Radioshack for like 9.95 a while back. I'm going to install a fan on my WRT54G soon and I'll be STRAIGHT.

too bad my buffalo cannot accept another antennae (so i've been told)

I love my WRT54GL... have had it for a yr and a half and never had to shut it off. using stock firmware and antennas... i get perfect reception and utter stability.

what's the diff between tomato and dd-wrt?? what are advantage of each? =/

I used DD-WRT for just over a year. It had a great feature set and was reasonably reliable. However, it became unstable when we started too many torrent downloads - even with its QoS features.

I turned to Tomato, and its QoS features and bandwidth monitoring are much more suitable for my needs (downloading and more downloading). It's been a lot more stable even though I've added more users.

Tomato just ended up working for me, so I've stuck with it.

You know I used to use DD-WRT and Tomato. I then found the ultimate Firmware which allows anything (up to your routers max memory)

OpenWrt White Russian - With X-Wrt
(X-WRT is optional but if you dont know linux then it might make life easier) :D

Back