• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help fast :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im trying to stay away from permanent. I have artic silver permanent compound stuff, but if I ever sell this thing I dont want these things attached to it forever.

the right key words in my search brought me to this

you can also use crazy glue, put as5 or ceramique in the center and a small drop of crazy glue on each corner. works well did it to a fx5900 a few years ago and they are still on it and is used daily for gaming.:beer:

Use something like this:

http://www.crazypc.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PQ5-5025&Category_Code=

May be able to find it a little cheaper than that though. Seems expensive for only five pieces

Just remember that thermal tape is definitely not as strong as adhesive and your HS's may fall off. It would be wise not to have a card installed under your video card..

Errr........hmm.... thermal tape? Dunno man.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_thermal_adhesive.htm

Kamski

Place your dot of thermal paste and then put a teeny bit of super glue in with it, when you put it on the ram twist 45 degrees one way, then 45 the other way then back to normal (to smear the paste around and hold until it stays on.

When taking it off simply twist the ramsink (DO NOT PULL STRAIGHT UP).

Place your dot of thermal paste and then put a teeny bit of super glue in with it, when you put it on the ram twist 45 degrees one way, then 45 the other way then back to normal (to smear the paste around and hold until it stays on.

When taking it off simply twist the ramsink (DO NOT PULL STRAIGHT UP).

This method , and the four corner method work well.

Or you could use Thermal Tape, Sekisui 5760 seems to be the best for heat transfer and sticks very well if you clean the ram chips.

You can find it here: http://www.bestbyteinc.com/Cooling_...mm_(1in)_X_50_Meter_Roll/Page_2/COTISK02.html

Sekisui #5760 is my weapon of choice for this. I have been using it for a couple of years. This stuff sticks wonderfully, yet is removable. There is a guy in the classifieds here that has this for sale in the cooling section. You may want to try there and PM him to see if he still has any available. There are also a couple of buy it now listings on Ebay that are cheap.

Some people use a small bit of the thermal adhesive only on the corners with regular TIM in the entire center.

Not to mention- ITS RAM. Individual RAM chips consume <3W. This means, that anything other than thermal tape is a waste of money+risk.

Get some cleaner, make _SURE_ that the ram chips do not feel greasy and buy some thermal tape off of ebay. You don't want the foamy stuff, just thin stuff(It really does look like double sided tape)

yep get the grease off as good as possible, people around here i think use goof off.

the pads on stock coolers usually leave a oily residue and is hard (if not impossible) to get off with isopropal and you have a very hard time getting the vga sinks to stick.

yep get the grease off as good as possible, people around here i think use goof off.

the pads on stock coolers usually leave a oily residue and is hard (if not impossible) to get off with isopropal and you have a very hard time getting the vga sinks to stick.

Its just impossible to get off with isopropyl. I used a pencil eraser to get it off on my 6800U.

Back