• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So I have pushed the E2160 to 3.5 Ghz, but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beancooker

I am having a problem with stability. I am running the Vcore setting on the bios at 1.5 and on CPUz it shows 1.472. Every time I would try, it would POST, but not boot, or boot, and immeadiately get the blue screen. I kept upping the Vcore voltage, and now it is booting, but I want to check with some of you professionals. Am I doing the right thing? I'm at idle (internet is all that's running) and a cool 34º. Any suggestions?

ocscreen.jpg

Awesome. So when I put it under load, and if I get the blue screen of failure, should I up the voltage again. I've been upping it in the smallest increments allowed, and figure I will need to do so, until it's stable. Am I right in this?

I have stability. I am set in BIOS at 1.55 volts, but CPUz shows 1.512. Is this too high? The highest temps I reached under load was 67ºC. I cooled off right away, but just wondering. Any less in Vcore and it doesn't pass stability test.

When navigating to this page, it took forever. This has me stumped. I would think it is just a fluke, but the same problem was happening at NICOclub, after the increase in FSB/Volts. I don't see how that could affect the web browser, but I am far from one to know. I can get to the main forum pages of both, but any farther, and it doesn't want to go...

***EDIT***
After a restart, the whole intrawebz thing seems to be working just fine.

Last edited:
Back