• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

post your E2xxx series CPU overclocking results!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyussinchains

As the proud owner of a shiny new E2160 chip and a decent overclocking motherboard, I am eager to get as much juice from this chip as possible!

however this forum doesnt have a handy reference (that I can find) for a good method to go about squeezing extra MHz from these chips, or a demonstration on what is possible, so I propose we create one for other budget clockers!

please post the model of chip, stepping, frequency, voltage, temps, CPU cooler (type and model), motherboard, chipset, memory (including timings and voltages) and PSU (as well as any other relevent BIOS settings)

screenshots of CPUZ and similar are encouraged, as well as perhaps a brief overview of how you acheived your current clocks, and perhaps some benchmarks (before and after overclock would be ideal)

I'm a bit of a beginner overclocking modern chips, my main experience was doing it via jumpers on the motherboard, so I seem to have become a bit stuck!

clock on!

Just search this forum for "e2160" , a bunch of stuff comes up. Your post sounds kinda demanding lol.

heh it wasnt just for me, I was thinking that it could be a nice little reference for people, I searched for e2160 but there are lots of threads which dont have much info to trawl through to find the ones that do....

E2160 OC'd to 3.501. I set vCore at 1.55 in the BIOS. You are asking me to post what you can read by searching and finding the thread I created yesterday...

Anyways.. ASUS P5K-SE Intel chipset, BIOS version 4.01 or some crap like that. The stepping? is that the memory? Well I left that to be set automatically. It's 5-5-5-15. The FSB is set at 389 x 9. vCore is 1.55 but CPUz shows it as 1.512 I disabled EIST and intelistep, C1E or whatever that crap is called too. I am also running an Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT. It is all powered off a 500 watt supply.

Temps idle at 32-34ºC and at full load they hit 67ºC I am using air cooling and have the thermaltake V1 fan, in a Raidmax Smilodon case.

Good luck.

E2160 @ 3.6ghz
Vcore. 1.55 volts
Cooling. Water
Temps. 30c idle 55c load

Wont go any higher than 3.6ghz no matter how meny volts i push it but i was happy with a 100% oc. a 100%+ oc would of been better.

I have a friend that has one he says the temp jumps liek crazy with these chips as you raise the voltage . you can also pop the tops on them for way better temps .

I have a friend that has one he says the temp jumps liek crazy with these chips as you raise the voltage . you can also pop the tops on them for way better temps .

Yeah my E2160 ran hotter than my Q6600 "go figure" Untill i poped off thatr lid.

[email protected]
vcore 1.4
stepping,mo
ip35-e,p35 chipset
30c idle, 53c load
cooler master vortex tx with a thermaltake smart case fan 2
adata value, ddr2 667@840, cas 555 15(these rams just died but they got this oc)
borrowing frends corsair 620hx

Last edited:
CPU - E2160 currently @ 2.6GHz 1.275V, M0 stepping, 22 idle/30 load
Cooler - Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro w/mx-2 TIM
Motherboard - MSI P35 Neo2-FR
memory - corsair xms2 ddr800 5-5-5-15 1.9V
Psu - Corsair VX 550W

looking good so far, with the temps and voltages I'm looking to hit 3.0GHz by the end of the day! my goal is 3.2-3.4, but anything over 3.0 would be gravy!

thanks for the link glockjs, massively useful!

Last edited:
I have played with mine a bit to see how far it could go. See sig for system details.

At stock voltage(Vcore=1.325) my e2160 can do 278x9 (2502MHz)

Bumping Vcore to 1.435 will get me up to 334x9 (3006MHz)

If I hammer it with 1.565 Vcore I can run up to 365x9 (3294MHz) But temperature goes fairly high and performance really doesn't go up much from the 3GHz settings. So yes, you can get up to some massive overclocks. But extreme cooling will start to be a necessity. IMO the e2160 has a 3GHz sweet spot. Some have been able to get there even on stock voltages.

All my overclocks are tested using a mix of Orthos, Prime95, SuperPi, and 3Dmark06. If it doesn't pass 8hr of prime or orthos I don't call it stable. My 3GHz has run both Orthos and Prime for over 24hr, not at the same time of course.

I have played with mine a bit to see how far it could go. See sig for system details.

At stock voltage(Vcore=1.325) my e2160 can do 278x9 (2502MHz)

Bumping Vcore to 1.435 will get me up to 334x9 (3006MHz)

If I hammer it with 1.565 Vcore I can run up to 365x9 (3294MHz) But temperature goes fairly high and performance really doesn't go up much from the 3GHz settings. So yes, you can get up to some massive overclocks. But extreme cooling will start to be a necessity. IMO the e2160 has a 3GHz sweet spot. Some have been able to get there even on stock voltages.

All my overclocks are tested using a mix of Orthos, Prime95, SuperPi, and 3Dmark06. If it doesn't pass 8hr of prime or orthos I don't call it stable. My 3GHz has run both Orthos and Prime for over 24hr, not at the same time of course.

I'm priming at 3GHz (334x9) at 1.325V right now, 1.3125 failed on core 0 after 7 minutes, gonna leave it on all night to give it a good test.

temps went up to 43 on both cores under 100% load which I can live with! I think you're very right about the 3GHz sweet spot though, I've only had to bump voltage twice to get it seemingly stable (priming for nearly an hour now, early days yet but at least I didnt get a failure within the first 10 minutes this time!)

Back