• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something is just not right with my X-fire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTFouts

OK, so I installed two 3870's, connected both bridges, installed the 8.2 drivers with the CCC and enabled crossfire in the CCC. Every program I have says X-fire is available, but not enabled EXCEPT the CCC. So I am very confused and really don't know if I am using both cards or not.

CCC = crossfire enabled checked, screen does its flickering thing like it always has when enabling it.

GPU-Z 0.1.5 = enabled (1 GPUs), 1 GPU?

GPU-Z 0.1.6 = disabled (Crossfire available)

Everest Ultimate = Crossfire supported, disabled

Windows device manager sees both cards, CCC overdrive GPU to configure dropdown sees both cards and lets you test the OC for each card yet the first graphics adapter dropdown in overdrive only shows 1 card. Everest temps and clocks show both cards. See why I am a bit confused?

Well, run a benchmark ;)

Try it when it is disabled and "enabled". Compare the difference, if it is more than 700, it is enabled.

yeah on my setup GPU-z says crossfire is disabled, but when I run any benchmarking program whatever CCC says is the truth. I get massive differences in frame rates. (and 3dmark06 you won't get much of an increase at thed efault res, you gotta crank it up)

Back