• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So, I'm getting the blue screen of fail...Help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beancooker

I have an ASUS P5K-SE with an intel E2160. vCore is 1.5625. If anyone has some suggestions on what I'm doing wrong, and how I ca get this stable, that would be awesome. I threw in some screen shots of CPUz.

My BIOS settings are;

Ai Overclocking; Manual
CPU ratio; Manual
Ratio to CMOS; 9
FSBstrap to Northbridge; auto
FSB frequency; 389
PCIE frequency; auto
Dram frequency; auto
dram command;auto
dram timing; auto
dram static; auto

Trans booster; auto
clock overcharging; auto
CPU spread spectrum; auto
PCIE spread spectrum; auto
CPU voltage; 1.5625
CPU voltage ref; auto
Dram voltage; auto

CPU.jpg

cache.jpg

mainboard.jpg

memory.jpg

spd.jpg

max 24/7 stable for those is around 3.2-3.4ghz.. i dont think even with more votlage your gonna get 3.5ghz stable. i would just lower the oc then back the down the voltage a bit...

3.33 vCore is 1.50 and stable. Max temp under load (3DMark06) was 64ºC. Thanks again Evilsizer!!!

Will give it the harsh reality of Prime95 tomorrow, and see how she fares.

Changed PCIE frequency to 100 MHz. You don't want that set on auto unless you want your video card to explode.

pcie speed on auto = 100, its better to manually set it to 100 or 101. as when ocing not all the time will pcie speed be 100 when set to auto.. when you get to a pcie speed of 120 you start to get HD data corruption. when the drives are on the SATA connection for the intel ICHx southebridge.

Okay, I have done as you guys have said. So Bios settings are

371x9
timing is 5-5-5-15
Dram freq is 742
Command rate is 2T. (I tried 1T and it didn't accept it)
vCore is 1.432 at idle and 1.392 under load
spread spectrums are turned off

I haven't had the blue screen of fail, but when running prime95, I get this;
"FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4"

Any ideas?

I don't recall a setting for the NB voltage. The only thing that I remember concerning the NB is "FSB strap to NB", (which is set to auto) and it had like 333 and so on...

***EDIT***

The setting was 200, 266 or 333. I set it to 200, and OC failed. Set it to 266 and OC failed. Set it to 333 and it is working.

Last edited:
Okay, so I raised the Dram voltage to 1.85 from 1.80. It lasted twice as long in prime before failure. I decided to raise it to 1.90 but am afraid to take it much higher than that.

371x9
timing is 5-5-5-15
Dram freq is 742
FSB strap to NB is 300
DRAM voltage is 1.85
Command rate is 1T
vCore is 1.432 at idle and 1.392 under load
spread spectrums are turned off

No blue screen, but I keep getting this message about 5 min into Prime;
"FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4"

What kind of ram are you running? Crank some more volts to those sticks and see if that settles it down. 2.0-2.1v for the vdimm should be OK

Memory error. You are pushing the memory too hard at this stage of OC. Stick with 2T command rate. Take memory out of the equation until you reach a stable OC CPU freq. Try setting NB voltage to 1.4v. Get rid of most auto settings.

Muddocktor
Samsung cheapo ram. Latency on the package read 5-5-5-15. I will try upping the voltage.

jchunter
It was set at 2T, however it made it farther in Prime set at 1T. I would increase the NB voltage, but I do not see that as an option anywhere. I've looked and can't find it, or it just isn't a feature. The only things left on auto are the timings on the ram. I set 5-5-5-15, but the timings farther down, I left on auto.

Back