• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom build, help required!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave5284

Hi, I am want some advise on how to get the most out of my PC. The current hardware I have is:
ASUS P5K-E WiFi
C2D E2200
OCZ 2x1GB PC2-6400 Platinum Revision 2 XTC
OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU
Asus ATI Radeon X1550
200GB Maxtor Diamondmax 10
160GB Maxtor Diamondmax 10
Lian-Li PC7 Case
Windows XP Pro/Vista Ultimate

I am in the UK and looking to spend around £200 max. I will be using the PC mainly for work, but is also used as a media centre and for ripping DVDs/converting video files. I want it to run as fast as possible, I am open to overclocking. Any tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

That looks fine to me, unless u want to buy an e8400, which would result in sick overclocking results (>4ghz).

Looks good, I agree. If you aren't playing games, getting an E8400 and some better hard drives would be a good idea..

People seem to like the Seagate 7200.10/7200.11's.. As for the processor, I'm thinking maybe I jumped the gun on the E8400 thing. The Q6600 is going to be dropping in price in April, if you can wait that long, quads seem to do well with video tasks..

Back