• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am i usung too much artic silver 5?? PICS inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hell, don't even use half of that amount. You should be fine with using the leftover that squeezed off to the side for another application or two. You need very very little. Put on a dot around 2-3mm in diameter and around 2-3mm in height tops. That should be all you need.

Now, as for that being the cause for your bad temps:

1) What is "bad temps"?
2) Too much AS5 probably isn't the cause

i have another thread started about the temps, but they are about 70 - 74 *C under load,

it is a Q6600 G0 OC;ed to 3.0, (333x9)

that poor thing is drowning. You just need a grain of rice dab in the center. With that much AS5 squooshing out, I am surprised that you didn't short something out on your MB since AS5 is conductive. A better choice is MX2 as it is about the best performer (about 3c better than AS5 on one recent test), and is non-conductive.

that poor thing is drowning. You just need a grain of rice dab in the center. With that much AS5 squooshing out, I am surprised that you didn't short something out on your MB since AS5 is conductive. A better choice is MX2 as it is about the best performer (about 3c better than AS5 on one recent test), and is non-conductive.

Capacitive, not conductive.

hey rockafeller you dont
need $10 of AS5 on that cpu lol. just do a thin little strip down the middle so cover bolth cores. about as wide as a peace of rice or a little less.

hey rockafeller you dont
need $10 of AS5 on that cpu lol. just do a thin little strip down the middle so cover bolth cores. about as wide as a peace of rice or a little less.

Okay now you guys are confusing me.

Some of you said just the amount that would be a grain of rice.

Now you're saying a strip down the middle the width of a grain of rice... which is a lot more.

Which is it? :(

Geez I should go replace the compound on CPU... I don't remember how much I put when I put it on but I know it's way more than a grain of rice.

Back