• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a gaming rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zenecks

I already have the hard drive and an antec 900 case. How does this look?

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...umber=6009707&WishListTitle=My+dream+computer

I want to save as much money as possible. I can go with another video card for now if necessary. I'm not 100% sure on the mobo or PSU either.

Looking to run a media server on it at home, play WoW, Crysis (Not on high specs), CoD4, and HL2. Also I'm planning on getting into video editing. I'm going to run XP on it as well.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Ya that might help... :)

May I suggest the Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 with that?

It seems to be the chip to have right now, until the quads come out in march...

The ThermalRight 120 Extreme is the best CPU cooler available atm, newegg doesn't sell it but I suggest getting it :)

The best gaming CPU by far atm is the E8400, nothing is even close with regards to price/performance.

Everything else looks good.

Your mobo / GPU / Ram choices are solid.

Also if you plan on overclocking your video card, get the AcceleroS1 or the HR03-GT cooler.

Opps, I originally had the E8400 in mind but Newegg doesn't have it in stock :-/

Does anyone know of an online retailer that may have it in stock that I can trust?

I saw that Nugadgets.com has it in stock but I've heard conflicting stories about them canceling orders because they falsely advertised products they didn't have in stock as in stock.

Thanks for checking everything over guys, I really appreciate it.

Back