• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Return Policy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZorgUK

I've recently returned a Black Edition 6400+ due to a faulty second core, I returned it to the shop it came from and as they don't keep them in stock they have apparently sent it back to AMD to be tested / replaced. That was 5 weeks ago, and I have this odd feeling I'm being strung along.

If he has actually sent it back how long would it normally take for AMD to come to a decision / replace a processor?

well not amd but my experience with returning products to a company. I returned a 9600 pro back few years ago to asus. Took me 5 weeks maybe a bit more before i got anything back. Don't hurt to check tho.

Zorg, I suggest you re-read the forum policies and rules and remove the link in your signature.

:welcome: to the forums, Zorg!

Id say that CPU should arrive anytime now, and if it hasnt arrived in a couple weeks, I would definitely chase it up. Ive never had to RMA directly to the manufacturer (mainly because its a PITA from New Zealand), but 5 weeks seems a little.. much.

Back