• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hooking up cd rom drive to MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_madvillain

Registered
I recieved a cable with my MB that has 3 connectors one says master for ATA33/100/133MB/s, the other is slave, and the last is a blue connector for the MB... is this the cable i use to hook up my CD Rom drive? and what side do i use Master or Slave?

Sorry for the noob question... first build just want to do it right...

Thanks,
_madvillain

That sounds like the right cable if you are hooking up at ATA cd drive. If you are going to use 2 devices you need to set them to master and slave. It is best to set your HD to master and the cd drive to slave. Put the slave drive in the middle of the cable.

My HD uses Sata cable, and my rom drive uses the ATA cable just wondering if the one with the master slave connectors will work... if there is no slave device...

if it's the only device on the ata set the jumpers on the cd drive to master and use the plug on the end. and yes that is the correct cable.

Back