• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Original K6-III+ 550

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JAP901

Registered
I didn't know they made a k6-III+ 550 cpu until my cousin boudgt a juck box of computer parts at a yard sell and he told me the k6-III+ 550 cpu was in it and he said he mail it to me (he has no use for it) and some of the pins were bent and will need straighten. but if its all ready a 550 cpu can it hit 700 o/c? thanks and have a happy new year:beer:

Dude, score! The best I've heard is somewhere in the mid 600's. But you've lucked into the best socket 7 CPU ever made. The truth is though, you could probably sell it on ebay for enough to buy a good socket A board and processor. Even a 750 Duron will out run this CPU, no matter how fast you get it to run. I've seen these CPU's sell for over a $100.00.
It would be fun to play with one though, just to see how good you could get it to run.

Back