• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark2001

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

YoungstaxGx

I have a problem i overclocked my videocard a bit and somestimes the 3dmark2001 program just exits in the middle of the benchmarking....whats wrong?

If it didnt take your system down with it and only exited ,I would bet that you just need better cooling ,try it in the morning when your PC is good and cold and see what happens.

wildone

WHere can i buy a new fan for my videocard and how do i install it....just on top the heatsink?

YoungstaxGx said:
WHere can i buy a new fan for my videocard and how do i install it....just on top the heatsink?

check out www.2cooltek.com there is a video cooling section in their store. This store has a great reputation, check resellerratings.com They are extremely reliable and quick.

Thanks for the info, which fan do u reccommend, what size do i need...and how do i install the fan ? just put it on top of my heatsink?

Last edited:
What I've seen in 3Dmark 2001, using 3 different cards, a CL Annihilator 2, Gainward GF2 Pro and a PNY Ti200 and two sytems, a P3 700e @1001 and an Athlon [email protected] is pretty consistent.

All three cards have been in both platforms.

1. If the core is to high, 3dmark freezes.
2. If the mem is to high, lots of pretty artifacts but will still usually make it through the entire run.
3. If the CPU is O/C'd to high, 3dmark will exit, sound familiar?

I see you're O/Cing your XP. Try setting everything to defaults, both vid card and CPU. If it runs through, which is most likely, then O/C the vid card and see how far it goes, then start with the CPU. I bet it's the CPU. It either needs more vcore or to be down clocked a little.

Everytime 3dmark2001 just exited in the middle on me, it was always the CPU, in all the above combinations of vid card and mobos.

So see if it's the CPU before buying vid card fan.

PS. If it turns out to be the vid card, I've got a TT Crystal ORB on both my PNY and Gainward, both from 2cooltek.

System - 2
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ABIT ST6 / P3 cc0 700e@1001 (7x143) @ 1.8v @ 34c load / Alpha PAL 6035 / 256m Mushkin PC133 rev1.5 @ 222 / Gainward GF2 PRO/450 @ 245/470 / NEC Multisync 50 / (2) Fujitsu 13.6gig / Win98 SE

System -1

Last edited:
Back