• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GT GPU Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caust1c

I just got my updated 8800GT GPU and did my first overclock last night. First I set the fan speed to 70% (Loudest bearable noise IMO). Then I let the temps stablize at 37c idle at stock speeds. I started OCing and reached 675 C. /950 M. /1625 S. The temps were hovering around 69c load with ATItool. Are those good temps? Too high? Do I have more headroom? Should I invest in aftermarket cooling? Thats about it. What temps did you get with stock cooling? (I have the revision 2 cooler, slightly bigger single slot fan.)]

Thanks! :D

Bump, I want to overclock more, but i dont want to continue if its not safe. 8]

Those temps are expected with the stock cooler, if you want to OC higher / do the 1.1V bios volt mod you'll need better cooling.

My GT w/ 1.1v bios was hitting 62C 100% fan speed under ATItool load. Anything above 65C I don't like. If you want to squeeze more out of that card you're gonna have to crank up that stock cooler or go aftermarket route. With HR03 my GT idles 38C at 1.3v and 49C at 1.37V load with a 56 CMF fan at 50%.

My card runs like 60C idle, 80-85C load with the stock cooler at 68% which was the loudest I could deal with. No issues whatsoever.

Okay thanks! Thats all I was looking for. So my options are: 100% Fan speed [Ya right!] or Aftermarket cooling. I think ill go with the S1 seeing as the HR03 costs double...

Thanks!

Nice clocks BTW Shape of Grey!

http://picasaweb.google.com/asbraithwaite/Computers/photo#5169593895035153490

Am I correct in saying that is the new and improved cooler?
photo

Yeah, theres only like 2-3C difference between S1 and the HR03, but from what I noticed (wife's GT has an S1 on it) HR03 takes a much lower CMF fan to get the same results, thus quieter.

We'll see. I really wish there were a lower profile cooling solution, so I could go SLi in the future. Ill cross that bridge when I get there. In other words: When I have the money. 8]

Depending on how you mount the HR03 you shouldn't have too much trouble fitting SLi in there. But you won't have much room for anything else. S1 shouldn't be hard either.

Well I got a wireless card (PCIx1), Sound Card (PCI) and want to get a Tuner card, but that seems out of the question... =( O well.

Unfortunately its all about money when dealing with computer upgrades. =/

Do most of you find that artifacting is an issue before temps are? I pushed them up higher and turned the fan up to 100%, but ATItool began to artifact all over the place...

Im at 720 Core / 1750 Shader / 1048 Memory. Load temp is 65c.

This is intense! 0.o

Do most of you find that artifacting is an issue before temps are? I pushed them up higher and turned the fan up to 100%, but ATItool began to artifact all over the place...

Im at 720 Core / 1750 Shader / 1048 Memory. Load temp is 65c.

This is intense! 0.o

Artifacts can be/is caused by lack of voltage for selected speeds. Might be time to do the 1.1v BIOS mod. :)

The spec you're trying to run it at right now is dang close to where one of my GTs topped out without additional voltage.

I use 100% fan for finding max OC, but then run it slower while gaming. Seems to work fine...not much to listen to w/ ATI Tool or 3DMark running anyway.

I do the same when I OC my CPU.

Back