• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-P35-DS3L No SATA HDD LED?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Same

Hi. I just finished building my first rig. These are the specs:
CoolerMaster CM 690
XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB
Tuniq Tower 120
Intel Q6600
4GB (4x1GB) Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Mobo
Western Digital Caviar 320GB SATA-II HDD
Lite-On SATA DVD Writer
Thermaltake Slot Cooler
SoundBlaster Fatal1ty X-Fi Pro Series XtremeGamer
Corsair TX650, 650W PSU

Anyways, this is my question. I got all the LEDs working fine, except the HDD LED. I checked and I DO have the polarity correct. Yet it still does not work. Also i checked in the mobo manual, and it says it is for IDE HDDs, does that mean because I have an SATA HDD im screwed?

Thanks for any help!

Sam

Hi. I just finished building my first rig. These are the specs:
CoolerMaster CM 690
XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB
Tuniq Tower 120
Intel Q6600
4GB (4x1GB) Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Mobo
Western Digital Caviar 320GB SATA-II HDD
Lite-On SATA DVD Writer
Thermaltake Slot Cooler
SoundBlaster Fatal1ty X-Fi Pro Series XtremeGamer
Corsair TX650, 650W PSU

Anyways, this is my question. I got all the LEDs working fine, except the HDD LED. I checked and I DO have the polarity correct. Yet it still does not work. Also i checked in the mobo manual, and it says it is for IDE HDDs, does that mean because I have an SATA HDD im screwed?

Thanks for any help!

Sam

I have the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R and it does the same thing. I have a sata drive and it doesn't show up. i think its for IDE but i am not completley sure..

I use a sata hard drive on my daughter's DS3R system and the hard drive light works fine. On my DS3L system I have an old ide drive on it so I can't tell you if the hard drive light works with a sata drive.

i feel stupid.

Apparently its been working the whole time. Its just a really really DIM light on my case. It's a red LED that you can see if you look close i just didnt notice it. Lol sorry.

On the bright side I just finished OCing my q6600 to 3.0GHZ temps are 60C under full load, could be better but im fine with it. Also got my RAM from DDR2 800 to DDR2 1000 :D got 1ghz on it.

Back