• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D-Link DUB-9240

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

junkymagi

Anyone tried this product? It's a wireless usb hub. I purchased one from Tigerdirect.com and put it in a small briefcase with a power supply and two usb drives.

DVDRW and a 500GB sata drive. I can copy 1GB files from the 500GB drive to my computer in about 4 minutes. The USB dongle is in the front of the computer and the briefcase is setting about 30 inches below under the desk. The frame of the briefcase is metal but the sides are plastic. The desk's top is 1.5" particle board.

The inside of the briefcase needs rearranged as currently, when standing on edge, the wireless hub is actually below the DVD and hard drive and they may be eclipsing part of the signal to the dongle in the above computer. I may get faster transfer times if there is less metal between the hub's antenna and the dongle.

The dongle gets fairly hot, not sure how much it's drawing from the USB port of the computer.

Once I get the case's interior rearranged and more "pretty" looking, I'll be posting pictures if anyone's interested :p

Yeah, that's ~33Mbps, the max possible is over 10 times that but I'm thinking once I rearrange so the antenna is near the top of the case, I'll have better transfer speeds.

It's still fast enough to watch a dvd movie.

oh ok... gotcha i thought it connected to a router via a wifi connection... kinda like a wireless NAS device.

ya the wireless usb 1.0 spec calls for 480Mbit of bandwidth at 3meters and 110@ 10meters... but thats the theoretical max so just like wired usb 2.0 it aint even gonna get close.

Back