• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diamond Viper HD 3870 is identified by every program as "HD 3800 Series"...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thescavenger

Diamond Viper HD 3870 is identified by every program as "HD 3800 Series"...?

In programs like GPU-Z my HD 3870 is recognized as simply "HD 3800 Series". Is anyone else experiencing this? I know this lack of proper hardware recognition probably isn't affecting performance. It is more annoying than anything :)

josh

My reads it perfect, as a 3870. What drivers are you using, and do you have the latest version of GPUZ?

Weird, mine is also read as a 3870, but I fail to see how this is a problem. You do have a 3800 series card. :p

It reads off of whatever the video cards BIOS tells it to say. So if one manufacture put in 3870, and the other 3800 series, that would explain it.

Face the wall, now run towards it real fast... don't stop!.... I promise this will help take your mind off this.

Its in the bios from the manufacturer, my diamond viper 3870's both show as 3800 series in GPU-Z, Everest, Riva Tuner, & ATI CCC. Its just the way it is, not much you can do about it, other than changing the bios to a different manufacturers bios!

Back