• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EA Is At It Again Wants TAKE-TWO for $2 Billion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/02/25/ea-offers-billion-two

After purchasing BioWare & Pandemic for $800+ Million you'd think they'd stop and wait a few years before they decided to buy out another company. But alas EA are more head filled with money and as the saying goes "Everybody has got a price" apparently $2 bill for TT.

But Take-Two have stated they will never sell to EA HA give it a few weeks maybe a month EA we offer the board of TT a better offer and watch them hand it over on a silver platter.

EA's own words http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6186646.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1 you can tell that they want the GTA franchise there pratically begging for it.

Expect the next GTA5 to be abolusly s**t.

Last edited:
EA is really full of themselves. I wonder what they were thinking when they heard Take Two rejected their offer. They must have been confused lol.

I do think EA is evil. Sony can't even begin to touch EA's evilness. What they can't compete with they buy and destroy.

I believe EA is doing a lot to keep the independence and creativity of the developer's they purchase alive. I expect more great titles out of Bioware and if they do buy Take2. I think they realize that they need to change their gameplan around and let their developers have autonomy and control over their projects as if they were still independent. While EA has done a lot around making steaming piles of crap, I think they truly are trying to go in the other direction thanks to some new faces in the company.

Eventually with all the acquisitions and merges there is only going to be a few giant companies like EA, Activision and the first party publisher.

so I already know that we don't enforce the anti-trust laws...so should we just abolish them?

I also have some new slogans for EA.

"E.A. Sports...it's the only game"

"EA...creativity through conquest"

Evil = Smart Corporations?

Looks like they are following the microsoft business model, buy every competitor until you're the only one left :)

Don't be hatin' on capitalism, be hating on monopolies later =D

just because it's a good business move on EA's part doesn't mean as consumers we should be rooting for them. In the end it's the consumer who will lose, I could care less how much money EA makes.

If they make crappy games then don't buy them. Pretty simple, unlike certain things, games (especially bad ones!) are not a necessity of life, so consumers can still wield power. Problem is there are a lot of idiots who buy garbage games. It just encourages and rewards mediocrity.

Evil = Smart Corporations?

Looks like they are following the microsoft business model, buy every competitor until you're the only one left :)

Don't be hatin' on capitalism, be hating on monopolies later =D

its the monopilies that will kill gaming for a decade, it'll be worse than when home gaming took a dump in the early 80's untill the NES came along

its the monopilies that will kill gaming for a decade, it'll be worse than when home gaming took a dump in the early 80's untill the NES came along

I doubt it because then they were still competing with arcades and now that home gaming as effectively killed the arcade, where are game junkies like us going to get their fix?

If you look at the indie scene at GDC the games coming from them are nuts. EA and the other big devs need to shape up because they are getting out classed by first time game devs.

I just want to play another football sim besides madden. Not that its not a good product but when the nfl2k series was out it at least gave another game designer's perspective to playing that sport. One in which I personally preferred. Is having another option too much to ask for?

If they make crappy games then don't buy them. Pretty simple, unlike certain things, games (especially bad ones!) are not a necessity of life, so consumers can still wield power. Problem is there are a lot of idiots who buy garbage games. It just encourages and rewards mediocrity.

Truth. Nobody is holding a gun to your head saying "buy this game". So what if EA buys up 90% of th competition, new competitors will emerge to present variety eventually.

atleast we'll have Edios to fall back on:rolleyes:

EDIT: I meant to say at least we have Ubisoft...who seems to have dropped the ball this generation.

Last edited:
Actually at least we have Valve and Steam to fall back on. Valve allows developers without a lot of money backing them to get their games into the market and distributed.

Back