• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cosmos S Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wonder if it will take the Stacker's 3-in-4 drive cages? It looks like the 1 included is like the new Stacker HD cage module, which I really like. Two things that would make it perfect and make me ditch the Stacker st01 as my favorite tower case. 1) If they put a bit more emphasis on the quiet, like the Cosmos 1000, without the poor air circulation of the 1000 and 2) assuming its compatible with the Stacker's drive cages, added and another 4 more 5.25 bays. Then I could put 16 HDs, a floppy and an optical drive in it. That would be perfect.

You know, I wish I started off with a rackmount setup. After the years, I've become heavily invested in lots of tower configs and related paraphernalia. The cost of doing similar in a rack setup would be very high and then selling everything wouldn't even come close to making up the costs. If I started with a rack and just kept investing in it, I'd be much happier today, I think. I dabble a in water cooling but I'm not that passionate about it. I'm much happier with loads of storage and nice LAN capabilities than squeezing the last drops of mhz from a CPU. I'd ditch water for an easier to maintain rack setup in a sec if I could somehow just swap everything for an equivalent setup for no charge ;).

No case is worth over 200$ imo, but that's just me.

It's still an awesome case though, but for 150$ I could get something almost as good.

Last edited:
You know, I wish I started off with a rackmount setup. After the years, I've become heavily invested in lots of tower configs and related paraphernalia. The cost of doing similar in a rack setup would be very high and then selling everything wouldn't even come close to making up the costs. If I started with a rack and just kept investing in it, I'd be much happier today, I think. I dabble a in water cooling but I'm not that passionate about it. I'm much happier with loads of storage and nice LAN capabilities than squeezing the last drops of mhz from a CPU. I'd ditch water for an easier to maintain rack setup in a sec if I could somehow just swap everything for an equivalent setup for no charge ;).

I didnt start with Rackmount but because of the same issues you are having now, I decided to try to go rackmount only.

Cost and the fact that I am spread across so many different hobbies already prevent me from going ONLY rackmount any more then I am already.

Man that thing is slick, but yeah, i'm with shiggity, it's pretty pricey to me, but I'm a computer modding newbie. It's probably similar to cars though, gotta pony up the green for the good stuff.

My wife had a cooler master with the same kind of front (perforated) and it's a major dust magnet because of the airflow, no way I would ever buy a Cosmos!

My wife had a cooler master with the same kind of front (perforated) and it's a major dust magnet because of the airflow, no way I would ever buy a Cosmos!

It's not a dust magnet, it's a dust stopper. All that dust would be running through your PC if the filters were not there. I have a Coolermaster Elite which also has a perforated front. It does collect dust, but every couple of days I just either vacuum it off or blow it off with canned air. I appreciate it not filling my video card, CPU heatsink, and PSU with dust. They still get the micro dust that makes it through those filters, but that never builds up fast enough to really cause a problem. I was considering replacing the simple filters with something that would stop most/all of the dust, but that would probably really hinder my airflow.
But, if you don't want the air running through that area, you can just close it off with a simple piece of paper, or anything else that would block the airflow through the perforated bay covers.

It's not a dust magnet, it's a dust stopper. All that dust would be running through your PC if the filters were not there. I have a Coolermaster Elite which also has a perforated front. It does collect dust, but every couple of days I just either vacuum it off or blow it off with canned air. I appreciate it not filling my video card, CPU heatsink, and PSU with dust. They still get the micro dust that makes it through those filters, but that never builds up fast enough to really cause a problem. I was considering replacing the simple filters with something that would stop most/all of the dust, but that would probably really hinder my airflow.
But, if you don't want the air running through that area, you can just close it off with a simple piece of paper, or anything else that would block the airflow through the perforated bay covers.

QFT. Better to have dust outside the case that you can just clean off real quickly, rather than start pulling the computer apart because you have dust everywhere inside it degrading your cooling.

This is a beautiful case and it cools very well. It also isn't as heavy as the 1000. I would recommend this case over my old Tagan A+ Monolith. What to do with the Monolith is my next quest.

Back