• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cisco VOIP checklist!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gangaskan

ok, so i'm gonna have to kinda sorta learn and manage a call manager shortly (2-3 months ish were in implmentation currently). i will be getting some training, but it will be passed down via our IS manager.

i just want to get some type of game plan if anything happens to go down (either network or the call manager) i'm not sure what type of routing we'll be doing so i have to look that up, its either gotta be RIP or OSPF atleast ;) i'm kinda sotra in and out of the loop because i do more tech support then anything, and i'm the only person who has really any command console experience with cisco equipment.

i know the basics in command wise making sure interfaces are up, status on interfaces, etc.

we'll be using vlans (Data, voice, video) with trunking i believe segmenting each department with a block of 30 some class A addresses and using the IP helper on the routers. phones will get a whole seperate class B addresses via the cisco routers (i think) MAN routing is on class C

i guess my question is, is there any call manager specific commands i need to know via switches? POE or anything in general that anyone could shed some light on for me? :) i've only dealt with 2900's switches and 2800 routers before nothing really fancy cause it was lab work.

i would like to know just in that case that i do need to look at something i know what i'm doing :)

Back