• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-EP35C-DS3R 2.1 default DDR2 voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mind

Hey guys,

I'm using GA-EP35C-DS3R Rev 2.1 with Patriot Mem EP PC2-9200 DDR2 (2x1GB).

SPD shows that it's supposed to run with 2.3V @ 5-5-5-12 timings.
However, I'm getting lousy memory overclocking results and cannot even run at those timings at 1066 MHz.

I'm guessing the memory voltage is too low.

So, does anyone know if this motherboard (or similar models) use a default voltage of 1.8V for some or all DDR2 modules?

I'm hesitant to apply too much voltage in case the mb is actually applying around 2.3V to start with and is just a lousy DDR2 overclocker.

Much thanks.

You shouldn't need to supply that 9200 w/ 2.3v in order to run 2x1GB sticks at 5-5-5-12 and 1066. Post all of your RAM timings (including sub-timings), voltages, strap setting, CPU, and current clock speed.

You shouldn't need to supply that 9200 w/ 2.3v in order to run 2x1GB sticks at 5-5-5-12 and 1066. Post all of your RAM timings (including sub-timings), voltages, strap setting, CPU, and current clock speed.

I didn't think so either.
I even tried all of the combinations of +voltages to DDR, FSB, and MCH at stock 267*9 (2.4GHz) but could not get 5-5-5-12.

Unfortunately, I don't know what all of the timings should be (someone really needs to compile a list of each timing name, such as those from this BIOS and Memset 3.5b) with alternate names, abbreviations, calculations related to other timings, and an example module).

Patriot Memory Extreme Performance PC2-9200. running at 1000 MHz (8 x 400 = 3.2Ghz).

Settings: +0.3V VDIMM

memset566.jpg

cpuz2190.jpg

cpuz1677.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited:
Different BIOS?

In retrospect, I probably should've gotten a normal P35 (DDR2 only) board...

I'm doubtful of this but does anyone think that it's possible to flash this EP35C-DS3R board with the P35-DS3R or EP35-DS3R BIOS?

If there's different hardware in the P35C versions and not just extensions or additional hardware, it's probably quite unwise to do so.

EDIT: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/440/3

So maybe it's worth a try...the BIOS could sort of disable the DDR3 slots/support and possibly help w/ stability.

I guess I'll try out the Dual BIOS feature later on tonight.

Last edited:
Well, I knew it wouldn't be that easy to flash a BIOS not intended for this mb.

Does anyone know how to edit BIOS files or any editors?

Back