• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

increasing hand eye codination and reaction timing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_madvillain

Registered
I used to play a lot of Counter Strike Source and played in Cal a lot but eventually quit... I have recently come back to Source and have found my self being owned but many people because i am not as fast as them to react and shoot...

Anyways my main question is can my reaction time and reflexes be quickened with practice or are people just born with that which makes that a better competitive gamer...

Does anyone know any tricks/programs or anything that will increase my reaction time and hand eye coordination so that i can quickly react to a enemy poping on my screen?

I have heard just playing in a DM server in Source with no sound can help because you relying strictly on you sight and reaction...

Any thoughts?...

Thanks,
_madvillain

Keep playing, it will come back to you. Good idea on the sound, that can help immensely.

Keep playing, it will come back to you. Good idea on the sound, that can help immensely.

ya thats what i said... until i got my sennheiser hd555 and x-fi card lol... just having better sound made me a better player lol... but ill keep playing with no sound and get used to relying on my eyes...

Also the thing is i never really had it... which was the main reason why i quit but know i really want to get back to gaming in the amateur leagues and hope to go farther...

ya thats what i said... until i got my sennheiser hd555 and x-fi card lol... just having better sound made me a better player lol... but ill keep playing with no sound and get used to relying on my eyes...
I went from a 5.1 system to a headset...and WOW, huge difference. I played a lot better.

What was even funnier is that I had the headset on backwards and I still played better!! Even better once I flipped it around! :D

I went from a 5.1 system to a headset...and WOW, huge difference. I played a lot better.

What was even funnier is that I had the headset on backwards and I still played better!! Even better once I flipped it around! :D

ya... good sound makes a huge difference... now i can hear my enemy around corners and call out their location from like across the map... some people have accused me of wall hacking for knowing where everyone was lol...

If you're worried about hand eye and ya wanna stay in source to work on that, you can pretty much do DM's as they have situations taat you'd never see in a real match, helps with 180 hs's and whatnot.

I personally play stepmania/ffr to work on my hand eye, it's a lot more intense than css but if ya play css more you'll get better at outthinking your opponents.

I get called a cheater by dubs :(

If you're worried about hand eye and ya wanna stay in source to work on that, you can pretty much do DM's as they have situations taat you'd never see in a real match, helps with 180 hs's and whatnot.

I personally play stepmania/ffr to work on my hand eye, it's a lot more intense than css but if ya play css more you'll get better at outthinking your opponents.

ya thats one thing I know I need to work on, my thinking... lol... and like my 1v1 and 1vx play...
but thats just takes a lot of scrims...

Oo.. mind PMing me some screenies of your sm scores? ;)

+1 for Stepmania and hand/eye coordination. Also as above... sound lol. Helps big time

playing a lot helps but there is a point at which you will no longer gain... there will always be people who are better because they were born with more ability.

then there are the people that have to download their ability......

yeah its all about reaction time, so see soemone, boom poop them in the head/face ;) keep playing it will come back.

Except you might have to play single player to do so. If the internet has taught us anything, unless you play with a select group of people, playing with anyone else is just plain annoying because they hate those stupid noobs and nubs, and newbs and whatever else.

In CSS play lots of Gun Game. That'll get your reflexes in shape. That or ScoutsKnives.

time is really the only. each game has a different feel so moving the mouse an inch in one game is alot different then another. i think putting time into that specific games is about the best bet :/

Playing racket sports really helps your hand-eye coordination like others have said. (Tennis, badminton, ping-pong, racketball, lacross, etc)

If you have a few tennis balls at home, juggling is fun and helps in that area a lot as well.

I play a lot of poker as well and doing chip tricks helps with hand dexterity too.

But in the end it's just muscle memory, the more times you do a certain action, the faster your muscles will respond in the future.

In CSS play lots of Gun Game. That'll get your reflexes in shape. That or ScoutsKnives.

I agree on both accounts here. Deathmatch is too chaotic in CSS.

Pwning people with the scout is easily the most enjoyable part of counterstrike for me. Its just far more satisfying than the awp.

To be blatantly honest I hate CS:S.... it's the only FPS I'm not always top three in no matter what map/gametype I'm playing. **** I can't believe I just equated liking a game to winning. Sure, there are tons of people out there who can beat me, but I'm good at 'figgerin' people out, which is why I like COD4 so much.

No, I don't exist to be the best, but I often am and I'd vote for saying that while anyone can become super good, there's always that one guy who seems to not play as much but never EVER freaking loses.

Back