• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Harlam, it's smack time!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

William Hung

I just picked up a little somethin' somethin' last week in China. It's got a QX9770 written on it! :) Now I've got to find an X48 board to put it in. 1600 fsb and 3.2 Ghz stock! :santa:

Attachments

• CIMG0598.JPG
    CIMG0598.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 291
Oh well... guess I'll just have to pick up my next Quad... mine will be a little more low key, probably another Q6600.

But that'll put another 4200+ppd in my basket... and I haven't pulled all the tricks out of my sleeves yet. ;)

It's On Simba!!! Bring It!!!

LOL. I also swapped a T7700 (2.4Ghz) laptop today for a 2.2Ghz penryn. It's actually getting SLOWER times by about 25 seconds in Windoze. 19:35 frame compared with 19:10 a frame before. :( I'm gonna try to OC it. :)

Where the hell do you guys get all this money to keep buying quad-core systems?! I seem to hear about a new one every 5 minutes!

Well, it's all good for the team. :p

Awe man... I was hoping for a patented the Baked type shmack dooowwwnnn... catch phrase type thing. :D

Come on ben... I know you've got it in you. :D

Where the hell do you guys get all this money to keep buying quad-core systems?! I seem to hear about a new one every 5 minutes!

Well, it's all good for the team. :p

yeah Balto! If you knew what I paid, I'd be run off the board. Let's just say it was comparable to a high end dual core in price. :)

And I'm working on it. I put it in my X38 board to see how it compared to the QX9650. I got it to 4 Ghz no sweat. 4.4 was a no-go, which surprised me.
So I put the FSB down to 1333 real quick and tried 4.33... no go at 1.4V
at 1.45 I was able to get into windows with a lock. I think my 9650 OC's much better. I can get into windows at 4.73 Ghz on air, and am 4.33 ghz 24/7 folding... at 59-60C. So, for now 4 Ghz on the 9770. We will see how stable it is. i've got it on a folding run at 1.4250 V and 4.0Ghz. it's sitting at 65C though. Hopefully it'll make it through a unit without locking. 4G's still isn't that bad for air. And this is a production part, for those that PM'd me. :)

What HSF do you have on that chip?? That stock one almost reminds me of some of the older Zalman coolers. And I know h isn't one of the guys that will go down without a fight.

I'm running a Zalman 9700LED. However, the stock HSF that is supplied is also pretty decent. Runs about 4-5C hotter for the same OC. It's a lot like the Zalman 8700 series.

Tis the season for smack talk!

Yes! Winter(here in SoCal, at least) is fading into the past, first day of Spring is March 20...the sap will be rising, the birds will be twittering(and the snakes will be looking for breakfast). BBQs, cheezypoofs and fast cars fast processors are the order of the day! :soda:

....Tis the season for smack talk!

:soda::soda::soda:

Yes! Winter(here in SoCal, at least) is fading into the past, first day of Spring is March 20...the sap will be rising, the birds will be twittering(and the snakes will be looking for breakfast). BBQs, cheezypoofs and fast cars fast processors are the order of the day! :soda:

:soda::soda::soda:

By the looks of this team, fast cars are actually needed. It means you can do more trips to the store to pick up more quad-cores!

And I know h isn't one of the guys that will go down without a fight.

Working up my Newegg order now... should have my new Q6600 setup next week. biggrinbounce.gif

...and I've got some catching up to do... my goal is to put some heat on Simba and cshive5. ;)

Come on ben... I know you've got it in you. :D

Heh, I'm in no position to be talking smack to fellow teammates right now as my production isn't high enough to even get me into the team's Monday Night primetime or PPVs. The baked would look like all bark and no bite, but the baked will tell you this, OH rightly so brother, the baked will have to get some good smack worked up in time for Team 32's defense of the jade monkey. MONKEYMANIA! That's what it is brother, and it's just around the corner of know your role boulevard. The baked can't hardly wait for some Team 32 SMACKDOWN! of the minimum monkey PCs brother. It's OCF 4 LIFE, and we've been going town to town taking a little survey...

Survey says?

ONE MORE 4 TEAM 32! :beer:

[size=-3]EDIT: The preceding message has been paid for the baked.World.order. We now return you to your regularly scheduled Harlam/kidsimba smacktalk.[/size]

Last edited:
Back