• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thread For Overclocking QX9650 On 780i Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dizkiller

Registered
This is the for the QX9650 On an 780i motherboard. All chat is welcome. Enjoy your stay, and lets trade some info!!!

Attachments

• core 2 extreme piss on AMD.JPG
    core 2 extreme piss on AMD.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,875
Dude, I use air cooling, i am not about to attempt to get my $1000 cpu blow out the back of my case. They use liquid nitro. I can't afford liquid nitro..... Ill up some pics of my puter here soon......

Dude, I use air cooling, i am not about to attempt to get my $1000 cpu blow out the back of my case. They use liquid nitro. I can't afford liquid nitro..... Ill up some pics of my puter here soon......
You could always do dry ice ;)

You can afford a computer that costs more than a Comptech Supercharger + install, but you can't afford a Dewar + LN2? Please ;).

Nice rig by the way.

You know what, you got a point....... I think i will. Thing is, i know nothing about liquid nitrogen cooling...... I just had some money, time and a little knowledge about oc'n, and i applied it. (Think's to himself..... Need faster memory 1066, or 1333 maybe... only comes in 4 gigs tho..... hmmmmm.... better benchmarks, but less memory...... Vanguard will have to suffer, but I'll figure somthing out. YEA!!!! :bang head:attn::attn::attn::attn::attn::attn::attn:

Take out 2 sticks of RAM and run them at 1T command rate for the duration of the bench. I use to do that with my Dominator, but they broke, and now I'm sad because I'm forced to use value ram.

bh.jpg

BTW, when you overclock my setup, is it best to have a higher fsb, or higher multiplier? RAM Timings, ect... Any and all advice is helpful.:bday:

Higher FSB will generally give you better scores, but there are straps to consider. Also, don't sacrifice max CPU freq to get a higher FSB.

Value....... Yuck..... How'd you break them?

I think I fried them, computer won't boot up as long as those two sticks are inside.

Higher FSB will generally give you better scores, but there are straps to consider. Also, don't sacrifice max CPU freq to get a higher FSB.

I like 450x9 and keeping my ram at stock speed (for better timings, since I benchmark, when I'm not, i raise it 900mhz for 1:1 FSB:RAM ratio, and raise the timing to 5-4-4-12)

:beer:Nice system diz, I'm a happy owner of a qx9650 also.

25k....... I dont think i quite have the oc'n thing figured out for that yet..... I am not oc'n the 8800's

Good lookin out.....

Hey what is the specs on your 3.8, (mem timing, fsb, voltage... ect..) thanks

Back