• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slowly but Surely

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jolly-Swagman

Slowly but surely said the Tortoise to the Snail.

The Old P4 has been chuggin along and just completed WU #20 with #21 @ 58%
OC Rank 1984 - 6179 PTS - 20 WU's

Will get My CD2 PC online Folding soon as the My Linux Server Died, So in process of rebuilding another Old P3 to Replace Server

Jolly Swagman

We're glad to have you aboard, Jolly! You'd be surprised how much of our team's production is done by members with just one or two folding rigs. Also, there's a lot more to making a good team than just folding, alone.

Members who are active on the forums, helping others, and just making it a bit more fun and interesting, are easily worth their weight in WU's, believe me.

Thanks Guys,,

Just got My Dual Core PC now Folding two instances of FAH504-Console.exe

Put them in separate folders FAH1 & FAH2

So FOLD ON !!

Well the C2D certainly is faster at turning over WU's than the Old P4 has just completed 4 more and two more already @35%
Now Rank 1923 with 6942pts and climbing

Slowly but Surely

i feel your pain on the P4. i cant afford anything new. though mine was a 3.06, i OC'd it to 3.4, with a Scythe infinity cooling it and AS5 thermal paste. it gets done with WU in about 2 and a half days. my ibook g4 takes a while and makes double digit points :bang head

Well the C2D certainly making the difference in Folding now @ T32 Position 1802 and 8622pts
and 31WU's with another 3 soon, 1 @ 90% 1 @30 % & 1 @15%

The Old P4 Folds 24/7 was down for maintenance today and the C2D on average 10-12hrs/day

Will definitely have to get better cooling on the C2D CPU , will be putting Arctic Freezer 7 Pro as the Temps while Folding During the Day are around 56-59deg C and about 48-52degC at night.
The Old P4 will be getting one too as the temps on it are a tad higher

FOLD ON !!

Thanks Guys,,

Just got My Dual Core PC now Folding two instances of FAH504-Console.exe

Put them in separate folders FAH1 & FAH2

So FOLD ON !!

If and when you're ready to step up to SMP folding (more points, more WU's than regular client), let us know.

It will be a significant increase IF the rig can fold enough to finish the WU's before their deadline. Something more than two times the points per day. (even with two instances of 5.04).

Fold On!

Well finally made past the 10k (10584pts) 39WU's

Had to shut down for awhile yesterday and today as to Temperature here Downunder got up to 39degC yesterday and 40degC today so Folding was way over 65degC.
Still 30degC here at 1.00am and next 4 days going to be hot too.

So will fold when cooler in the evenings

Fold On !!

Congrats on passing 10K, Jolly. :clap:

I have the same kind of problems, but in July & August, especially. 40C ?? Now that's hot!
We still use the retarded Fahrenheit degree system - for "civilians". Which totally baffles me.

Well now that I have the SMP fah6 client Running in a Ubuntu VMware-Server virtual Machine Progressing now at a slightly speedier rate just passed the 20,000.
With 70 WU's and 20,803pts

JollySwagman:attn::attn:

Woo-Hoo!

You're just getting better and better with this folding stuff, JollySwagman.

Yeah thanks Adak and cuda340 , slowly but surely only a little quicker.

Now if I won the Q6600 , now that would be a big plus for folding@home and the T32

One can only wish, lol

Fold On!

I have a p4 2.8c that folds every day :D

I know where your coming from hehe

Btw nice folding I remember when I finally broke rank 2000- boy was it a good felling that day.

Back