• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung HD Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Daddy

Registered
Hi i have a Samsung SATA 160GB HD Model Number SP1614C.

I used to have this as my primary drive but it kept on causing me problems. By which i mean windows files were corrupting often thus not allowing XP to boot up, would just constantly restart.

I have since changed the drive and reinstalled windows on my maxtor HD and everything is now fine. The disk does work and i can write files to it as a slave. However i want to run a scan to find any errors on the sectors and possibly repair them if theres any but when i try to download the APP (HUTIL.EXE) from the Samsung website it doesnt work and just throws up errors in DOS.

So does anyone know of any other good apps i can use to scan and repair my Samsung HD? Ive tried GOOGLE but cant find anything.

Many Thanks in advance.

Hi i have a Samsung SATA 160GB HD Model Number SP1614C.

I used to have this as my primary drive but it kept on causing me problems. By which i mean windows files were corrupting often thus not allowing XP to boot up, would just constantly restart.

I have since changed the drive and reinstalled windows on my maxtor HD and everything is now fine. The disk does work and i can write files to it as a slave. However i want to run a scan to find any errors on the sectors and possibly repair them if theres any but when i try to download the APP (HUTIL.EXE) from the Samsung website it doesnt work and just throws up errors in DOS.

So does anyone know of any other good apps i can use to scan and repair my Samsung HD? Ive tried GOOGLE but cant find anything.

Many Thanks in advance.

I am unaware of any programs, sorry. I have been out of the loop too long. Is the little sucker under warranty still?

lol i tried chkdsk first haha i shuda said that sorry. Nyway i have totally fixed this prob now. Again thanks GOOGLE.

I found soemthing called Hiren's Boot CD 9.2 and it has loads n loads of apps on it which are all accessable when you use this cd to boot after you restart your system. Anyway one of the apps was the Samsung tool i needed and it worked perfect, removed all the errors and now i have my fully functioning 160GB SATA HD back on the go.

Thanks nyway guys.

did you do it with chkdsk c: /r ? without the /r check disk is a waste of time.

You can always wipe the drive, if it continues to give you problems get another drive confirm that the hdd is bad. if another drive is good toss the samsung drive :(

Back