• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 Extremly strange Multi issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkiBum1207

Ok so I am running my Q6600 at 444x8 to get a speed of 3.55Ghz. However when ever I prime, In cpu-Z the multiplier drops down to 6 and when load is removed it goes back up to 8. I Have disabled Esisit and C1e but it makes no difference. Anyone know whats goin on?

woa thats wierd, maybe its rong try a diff program to moniter.

I have used both cpu-z and Ai-suite and both match, i know its weird ive never heard of this happening

However core temp reports the multi at 8? so what to trust

Last edited:
I dont know where it is for sure in vista cause I havent used vista but if I had to guess it would be in the Power saving features .

yea thats what I thought and I played around with the min/max prossesor usage with no avail, now it bounces from 6 to 8 but mostly stays on 6

Change your power profile to "High Performance"

Right click on the desktop and go to "Personalize"
When the personalization window pops up, click on "Screen Saver"
When the screen saver window pops up, click "Change power settings"
Make sure that "High Performance" is selected.

Well, CoreTemp is usually wrong on the multiplier when you use a non-stock multiplier. Since the Q6600 stock multi is 9x, you can completely ignore what CoreTemp says.

Back