• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing production

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lofty

Hi all, just a quick note to say that I'm scaling production back slightly. My folding so far has been in fits and spurts - no consistency at all. I feel that I would be better not running my comp 24/7, but leaving it on overnight, as we get cheaper electricity at night. I will of course be running the program if I am using my computer during the daytime (usually I don't use anywhere near a full core, never mind two.)

Hopefully these changes will mean I don't feel pressued by the fear of electricity bills, and can continue folding more smoothly.

That sounds like a smart move, Lofty. Folding should be fun, not about pressure. You gotta be comfortable with it, all the way.

And it's not like you have to get a cure to a remote Alaskan town in the middle of a blizzard. :)
*Cue Cheesy Balto plot reference* :)

Seriously though, WTF!

Anything, anyone can give, is Greatly appreciated.

Each and everyone of us contribute to making a difference.

Fold On Sir !

:attn:

And it's not like you have to get a cure to a remote Alaskan town in the middle of a blizzard. :)
*Cue Cheesy Balto plot reference* :)

Seriously though, WTF!

No, I've witnessed myself do that about eight times already! :santa2:

It's nice to be supported even when I scale back production a little, although I hope it'll produce more points in the long run. Just recently passed 40,000 points, a little milestone, but one nevertheless.

Back