• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6750 OC acting up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psychotron

for about 3 months ive had my e6750 OCd to 3.6GHz. It never gave me problems till yesterday. I turned on my computer and I would get the bsod after windows finished loading..So I put the setting of the cpu to stock and it works fine. But if I try the same OC setting to get 3.6ghz it wont boot completely..wth???

Sorry, man, don't really know what to suggest. Just trying to bump your thread up there for you since you haven't gotten any replies yet. I've had my E6750 at a more conservative 20% overclock for a while now with no problems. Strange that yours would run for 3 months with no problems, and now all of a sudden give you a consistent BSOD after booting to Windows. Are you running a lot of your BIOS settings on Auto, and are a lot of your voltages at stock setting? If yes to either question, you might try setting some or all of them manually. But I would try it one setting at a time. I know this isn't really all that helpful, but at least it bumps your thread. Good luck.

Based on the screenshot in your sig, you're pumping 2.325V into the memory. That puts you at least 0.025V beyond specification, possibly more depending on which flavor of the Patriot extreme performance you have. 2.3V RAM might be able to deal with it. 2.2V max and my money says that's what's dying.

And now that I think about it, I can't think of any reason why someone would use that kind of voltage unless they were trying to run inexpensive DDR2-800 at 910MHz.

Do I win?

Thanks for the help..yeahh im leaning towards the RAM..
Yeah it ran super clean for those 3 months i had it at 3.6ghz.
Then yesterday morning it started acting up. I started fine, but then just after the windows bar finish loading i would get the bsod.
So I went back to stock on everything on bois and it boots fine..
Although when changing the setting on the bios to get 3.6ghz, the bios wont detect my CD or HDD..but it still boots to the windows loading bar thing, then once that is finished it gets the bsod.

I should mention my PC is extremely dusty..our air compressor is broken atm..
could the dust be interfering some how?

Last edited:
I would be more concerned about your RAM voltage at this point. BSODs are often RAM related so if your RAM is going bad you need to replace it. Until you do, it wont be stable.

Might as well run memtest and see if it can find anything. After running my Ballistix at 2.27 for a couple weeks, I was posting zillions of errors in memtest at stock clocks and voltage. Now I have some Xtreems, so all is good. :)

thanks for the feedback guys...
im broke atm so im gonna be stuck at stock for a while.

i wanna get 2x2GB 4Gb.
what RAM do you guys recomend?

Im am running that atm moment.
..so far 7% zero erros

Run it overnight.

If you are strapped for cash, you want to be as sure as possible with what the problem is.

Make sure you are running this:

http://www.memtest.org/

There is a knockoff that runs in Windows that is pretty useless. To concur with others though, it sounds like your RAM is failing. The higher voltage probably damaged it. Chances are they will start failing even at stock relatively soon since you ran it for so long at that high of voltage.

I just burn the iso to a CD right? then boot from the CD?..
the strange thing is when everything is at stock, on the bios my CD drive shows up aswell as hdd. But when I put the settings to get to 3.6Ghz CD drive and hdd dont show up on bios.

I just burn the iso to a CD right? then boot from the CD?..
the strange thing is when everything is at stock, on the bios my CD drive shows up aswell as hdd. But when I put the settings to get to 3.6Ghz CD drive and hdd dont show up on bios.

Yes, burn the iso, and boot from the CD.

Faulty RAM can cause a lot of problems, but hopefully the motherboard is okay. There is an outside chance that the extra voltage caused some excess voltage to pass through the north bridge on the motherboard and maybe that was damaged. Although, the hdd being missing would help discount that as an option since it is attached to the south bridge.

Do you have a floppy drive? Is that visible with the 3.6Ghz OC? For now, just run memtest overnight and report back.

Sidenote: We are all kind of assuming that the voltage is too high, and that you didn't have a fan blowing on it. Do you have the spec for your RAM available? Meaning, what the manufacturer says to run it at, timings and voltage wise.

I can verify 4 4 4 13 tho ;)

Yeah, but you're at 916MHz according to your sig. Try running 1066 4-4-4-12.

I was at 5-5-4-10 1191MHz 2.15v on my DDR2-800 over the weekend.

Psychotron, is PCIe locked at 100? That may be causing your HDD/CD issues.

Yeah, but you're at 916MHz according to your sig. Try running 1066 4-4-4-12.

I was at 5-5-4-10 1191MHz 2.15v on my DDR2-800 over the weekend.

Psychotron, is PCIe locked at 100? That may be causing your HDD/CD issues.

u've got a point there brotha :beer:

I havent had a chance to run memtest yet. but I switched the memory to the other slots and I was able to get 3.4ghz stable. I attempted 3.6ghz and nope, I would get would the bsod again...what can this mean?

Back