• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Onboard Audio: This device cannot start (code 10)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nabis

I just picked up probably my 5th nVidia Geforce 7025-M2 mobo. Every one worked flawlessly except this one. The guy wanted to keep Windows XP (I've installed vista x64 on all the others), and everything works except the audio. I've tried upgrading the BIOS, new chipset drivers, new audio drivers, windows updates, etc.
Before I RMA this, is there anything else I could possibly look at?

I just picked up probably my 5th nVidia Geforce 7025-M2 mobo. Every one worked flawlessly except this one. The guy wanted to keep Windows XP (I've installed vista x64 on all the others), and everything works except the audio. I've tried upgrading the BIOS, new chipset drivers, new audio drivers, windows updates, etc.
Before I RMA this, is there anything else I could possibly look at?

What does your Device Manager say and does it have "?" for flagging up "unknown devices"? Further more did you check to have made electrical good connections between your PC and your Sub. IF your Windows Device Manager is'nt flagging up any "unknown Devices"?

What does your Device Manager say and does it have "?" for flagging up "unknown devices"? Further more did you check to have made electrical good connections between your PC and your Sub. IF your Windows Device Manager is'nt flagging up any "unknown Devices"?
Device Manager wasn't showing any exclamations until I installed the latest drivers, now it has the exclamation on the "Realtek High Def Audio" listing. I'm not sure what you mean by good electrical connections between my PC & sub. If you mean the PC and the speakers, they are just the on-board speakers on the monitor. Plus, I don't think you technically need to have them plugged in at all to have the driver load correctly.

What I meant was that you need to be sure there is nothing wrong with your speakers' electrical connections because I thought you might have used external speakers. As for
" Device Manager wasn't showing any exclamations until I installed the latest drivers, now it has the exclamation on the "Realtek High Def Audio" listing event, your Windows is complaining to you that your Realtek Audio drivers are NOT installed properly. That is why your PC hasn't got sound yet.

There are TWO scenarios to deal with that:
1) Are you sure that you have installed ALL the proper audio drivers for your motherboard,i.e. are they the audio drivers for your MB not for other MB?? If you're not sure then just go to your MB Web Site, locate your MB model from which you should be able to download its latest chipset and audio drivers.
2) If you had to re-install all your chipset and audio drivers, then un-install all the existing drivers, including your audio drivers, that you have installed and re-boot and install them again using your latest downloaded drivers for your MB.

Good luck

1) Are you sure that you have installed ALL the proper audio drivers for your motherboard,i.e. are they the audio drivers for your MB not for other MB?? If you're not sure then just go to your MB Web Site, locate your MB model from which you should be able to download its latest chipset and audio drivers.
2) If you had to re-install all your chipset and audio drivers, then un-install all the existing drivers, including your audio drivers, that you have installed and re-boot and install them again using your latest downloaded drivers for your MB.
Good luck
Tried both of those. I'm convinced the audio hardware on the MB is shot.

Back